My Viking journey site

Teah

Hi All,

I can no longer access my Viking journey.com. I have tried my phone, iPad and computer. Never have had this problem before. Last time I was on the site was last week. I can access all other sites I have to sign into but this one. Thought I would throw this out there before I connect them.

Thank goodness my bookings dates are 6 months away.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hi All,

I can no longer access my Viking journey.com. I have tried my phone, iPad and computer. Never have had this problem before. Last time I was on the site was last week. I can access all other sites I have to sign into but this one. Thought I would throw this out there before I connect them.

Thank goodness my bookings dates are 6 months away.

Thanks for any suggestions

Glad to know it was not my computer that was stuck.

Lots of times over a weekend these things happen on other cruise sites. I know Celebrity site was notorious for this.

Like Philw says, wait a couple of days.

Thanks for your comments and help. I glad to know I'm not the only one and that is why I posted here. As Phil suggested will wait, if not up by Tues. will contact them, as it will be 4 days by then.

Thanks again for your responses.

Phil- have booked TJ tour for 2 days in St. Petes . I know you used them and liked them., so pressure on you haha! We have a group of 10. Perfect size. Did you do an evening show? If so, what one. Through TJ or Viking?

I just logged into MVJ.

Tried again just now.

Still cannot log into MY Viking Journey from any of my three Apple devices, using Safari.

Again , I will wait till Monday and then call Viking

Tried again just now.

Still cannot log into MY Viking Journey from any of my three Apple devices, using Safari.

Again , I will wait till Monday and then call Viking

I've been trying all weekend too; no luck.

I might be the one who crashed the MyVikingJourney web-site (just kidding).

At 75 days out ...keep checking every day to find out if our (flights) eTickets have been released.:halo:

I've been trying all weekend too; no luck.

I might be the one who crashed the MyVikingJourney web-site (just kidding).

At 75 days out ...keep checking every day to find out if our (flights) eTickets have been released.:halo:

Okay, some of us can log in and others can't. Knowing what operating systems and what browsers we are using and whether we can get in our not may help the techs to track the problem--or it may not, but at least we are trying to help--and hopefully Viking is reading this thread and passing along our observations..

OP is using Safari on Apple devices.

I'm using Opera on Win10.

Azulann is using Apple devices.

Okay, some of us can log in and others can't. Knowing what operating systems and what browsers we are using and whether we can get in our not may help the techs to track the problem--or it may not, but at least we are trying to help--and hopefully Viking is reading this thread and passing along our observations..

OP is using Safari on Apple devices.

I'm using Opera on Win10.

Azulann is using Apple devices.

No joy from safari browser on iPad or iPhone. Using latest iOS. Haven't tried from Firefox on Win7 yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No joy from safari browser on iPad or iPhone. Using latest iOS. Haven't tried from Firefox on Win7 yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kaput from desktop browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) in Win7 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kaput from desktop browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) in Win7 too.

I can't get in from Firefox either but I have always had problems because I run NoScript to block scripts. I told NoScript to allow all for this page and still nothing. BUT, I'm having no trouble getting in on Opera--the browser that no one supports ;)--go figure!

Here's my take as a computer guy.

I think they tried a site upgrade and it's bogus.

Sometimes I can get in. Other times no go.

Can't switch from one booked cruise to another.

Somebody's gonna get their butt kicked.

Thanks all. Ran into my TA at the pool and told her what happened and she told me one of her clients called her frantic on Friday telling her they couldn't access it. She got on from her computer, no problem and helped her client that way. She said she has chrome and I should download it. I did and still no access. Will see tomorrow and then get in touch with Viking.

Thanks again everyone for your help, It is greatly appreciated

Tried Chrome as well as Safari. S...L...O...W. Not a browser issue. Maybe servers have issues.

I actually got some kind of what looked like an error message. A line of code about something being redirected. As you say, the problem is at their end. Hopefully an easy fix.

Yes, but I still had some trouble. I logged in using Firefox and got to the error page that I had gotten yesterday but I then hit BACK to go back to the log in page and it took me back to my home page and I was logged in.

Glad to see you got in. Sometimes it also helps when you hit an error page, to "clear the decks" in your browser so that it forgets about the error and is forced to get the latest page. You do that by clearing the browser's cache (your history), closing the browser totally, and then reopening.

Dear all,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the recent My Viking Journey outage.

As many of you have already noticed, the site has been restored and all accounts are now functional.

If you still encounter trouble, please send a note to TellUs@vikingcruises.com for troubleshooting purposes.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

• 5 months later...

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, I couldn’t find the topic with a search.

I’m accessing MVJ and am sometimes able to reserve a spa treatment and other times not. It’s usually when I’m attempting to book something for the second guest in the cabin at or around the time reserved for the first guest.

No confirmation given nor an error message. I’ve checked the calendar and the appt is not there. I’ve also tried on multiple browsers and devices and the result is the same each time.

Also, is it typical at >70 days out for there not to be any tables for two available for reservation at the specialty restaurants?

Any sage advice appreciated.

Fro those in DV categories, you can book excrusions at 67 days out and book a reaservation at each specialty restaraunts 60 days out.

As for tables for two, some others have reported that it was hard to reserve ahead of time for the time slot they wanted. When you get on board go to World cafe or log on your cabin TV and make reservations.

How many days is your cruise? Ours is 15 days so I am not worried if I have to wait until I am on board to make dinner reservations.

Good luck.