Diving at Amber Cove Dominican Republic

Claymore2

there is one at Puerta Plata, but not sure if the cruise ships are using them anymore. Lots of negative reviews the past year on Carnival website, so I am only guessing that they cut the contract off. Looked like, from those reviews, it was just a long travel day to dive op and back, and just so-so diving. I didn't do it there, as I said, but I did look at the reviews.

I will be in Amber Cove on Holland America and it appears that HA does not offer diving at any of the ports on this itinerary, maybe none of their Caribbean Itinerary’s. It looks like I will be finding my own operators in Amber Cove and Sint Maarten. Sint Maarten will be easy there are several right near the cruise ship pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I will be in Amber Cove on Holland America and it appears that HA does not offer diving at any of the ports on this itinerary, maybe none of their Caribbean Itinerary’s. It looks like I will be finding my own operators in Amber Cove and Sint Maarten. Sint Maarten will be easy there are several right near the cruise ship pier.
A bit off topic for this particular thread but HAL does have a dive excursion in Grand Cayman. I'm cruising the Eurodam in February and plan to taken that excursion.

• 2 months later...
I also am interested in Amber Cove dive OPERATORS. Love to hear who folks have been using.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

The diving isn't at Amber Cove, they have to bus you over to Puerto Plata to a dive op there. I think there is only one dive op. You can google diving Puerto Plata.

There is supposed to be decent diving on the southeastern side of Dominican Republic for those ports near Punta Cana.

• 1 year later...

My husband and I did our open water certification in Sosua, which is where you would end up diving if they will pick you up at Amber Cove. You are looking at about 40 - 45 minutes travel time each way minimum. They start early, before the waves kick up, so that would likely dictate whether they are able to cater to cruisers. We were staying in Costambar at the time, so that wasn't an issue for us. We got back to our apartment by 2pm each time we went. Check out SeaPro Divers. Kat is the go-to person and will be able to answer any questions. We were told by some more experienced divers we met that diving is better in other parts of the world, but we saw lots and were very happy. The guys at SeaPro have been doing it a long time and know the area very well. We felt safe and were very happy to go with them. Best of luck!

• Like 1