Special event?

Redtravel

We are looking at future cruises for 2018-2019. There is no mention of the complimentary special event. Is it gone? I hope not. We really enjoyed them. They were definitely a highlight of our cruises. They included regional and cultural experiences and a taste of local cuisine. The venues were places of interest often not available to the general public.

Marinaro44,

When you say the Special Event disappeared from your December 9 itinerary on Star Pride, do you mean you they did not have beach BBQ/ party on Pigeon Island because that is the Special Event?

If that was the special event it wasn't very special.

These sound like special events:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6943

I guess only in Europe, if they're still doing them.

They are still advertising the special destination event on Bora Bora for the "Dreams of Tahiti" cruise. We took the cruise just before Thanksgiving and thought the evening event on the private reef island was fantastic.

The special event for the Caribbean, as long as we have been cruising with WS has been the BBQ beach party, it has always been fun, Tahiti’s special event has been on the motu near Bora Bora with the fire dancing. This past May we had the cultural evening with dancing above Dubrovnik it was beautiful.

When we were on the Surf a couple of years ago we took a snorkeling excursion through the ship and arrived at the BBQ late, as everything was being packed up. We had enough time to grab a burger and jump in the water before taking the tender back to the ship. Seems to me WS should re-think these events, because I think even the crew gets bored with them.