Crown Princess Mattresses

kmkristianson

Just of the Crown for New Year's Week - great time, really enjoyed Princess.

I had to take a photo to share since there was so much discussion on the boards regarding the mattresses....this was taken from our balcony on embarkation day....

AF1QipNdfFwykfg8fNbtGfiev4FQxYChGOu9ngkyGTEO

DJpc6xn5s0VzetGF3

Two full dumpsters of old mattresses! (Sorry cannot get the image to embed...)

Karen

IMG_0026.jpg.1bd7afbf927e999ddad8bc80ba26ab51.jpg

I got off the Crown on Dec 10th, and started the cruise with the old mattress, and half way through the cruise on a port day, I returned to find the new mattress ( YEAH !!)

So apparently they're now moving through the ship pretty fast

Srpilo

I wish I'd known, I would have complained about my old lumpy mattress on the NYE cruise, Crown Caribe 622. I didn't bother to speak up since I didn't realize there was anything they could do. ;p

DW was fine with it, but I had a lump about 1/3 down from the top on my side that I could not get smooth, and the middle of the mattress sagged; it was very noticeable that the bed was two smaller mattresses as the sag left a high ridge in the middle of the bed. Still slept fine, but was very happy to be in my own bed the first night home. We missed the Princess pillows though.

I wish I'd known, I would have complained about my old lumpy mattress on the NYE cruise, Crown Caribe 622. I didn't bother to speak up since I didn't realize there was anything they could do. ;p

DW was fine with it, but I had a lump about 1/3 down from the top on my side that I could not get smooth, and the middle of the mattress sagged; it was very noticeable that the bed was two smaller mattresses as the sag left a high ridge in the middle of the bed. Still slept fine, but was very happy to be in my own bed the first night home. We missed the Princess pillows though.

Uh oh. I sure hope they get Caribe and Dolphin balcony cabin mattresses replaced!

Just of the Crown for New Year's Week - great time, really enjoyed Princess.

I had to take a photo to share since there was so much discussion on the boards regarding the mattresses....this was taken from our balcony on embarkation day....

AF1QipNdfFwykfg8fNbtGfiev4FQxYChGOu9ngkyGTEO

DJpc6xn5s0VzetGF3

Two full dumpsters of old mattresses! (Sorry cannot get the image to embed...)

Karen

Thank you sooooo much. Really appreciate as staying in suite on 1/28.

Just off the Crown yesterday, Caribe balcony 406 with hammock like very uncomfortable mattresses and very poor internet reception. Looks like they are postponing mtce until dry dock.

Ditto on bad internet in the room (with no signal on balcony). The routers are in the hallway, so sitting inside cabin next to the hall door had noticeably stronger signal than further into the cabin where there were more walls between device and router. In common areas (piazza and horizon court) I got a great signal and was able to facetime from HC and a hallway near the theater fine, didn't try from the room for FT.

Ditto on bad internet in the room (with no signal on balcony). The routers are in the hallway, so sitting inside cabin next to the hall door had noticeably stronger signal than further into the cabin where there were more walls between device and router. In common areas (piazza and horizon court) I got a great signal and was able to facetime from HC and a hallway near the theater fine, didn't try from the room for FT.

We had a router right outside our doorway, still had poor signal. This was our 13th cruise on the Crown, can't remember any problems of this nature getting a good signal in the stateroom before (checked past notes I made.) Seems like a different problem. There were a lot of people with laptops and tablets taking up tables in Horizon Court!

Hate to sound so negative but you do expect the basic items like mattresses and internet would be ok. On a brighter note the staff is great and the Chef's table was fantastic! We sail the Crown again in Feb, hope some things get fixed...