Specialty restaurant reservations for a party of 8

PlanoTim

Hello. I have a couple of questions regarding reservations at the specialty restaurants. We are traveling with family members (8 people in 4 cabins total) on the Viking Sea in a couple weeks. Two of the cabins are DV and booked earlier than the rest of us. They were able to make their Manfredi's and Chef's Table reservations and they have fairly good times. We are also in a DV but we booked just a couple weeks ago and there was nothing but late reservations available. We went ahead and made reservations, but the times aren’t great. The final cabin is a V and they won’t be able to make reservations until they get on the ship.

First, I’m wondering if we will be able to adjust our reservations so that we can all dine together. If we go to the desk at the World Café on the first day, do the restaurants usually have enough free space available in their schedules to accommodate reservations (earlier than 9 pm) for a party of 8 sometime during the week? We should be on the ship a couple of hours before the rest of the family. Would all 4 cabins need to be present to work this out?

Is there any sort of linking of reservations that we should check into?

Thanks,

Tim

I was just viewing a roll call for March. Seems some are gathering to book the private dinning room for their group.

This might be a option for your group of 8. The menu is Manfredi's . You can see the private dining room on the deck plan by Manfredi.

Check it out when you get on board and see if it works for your group.

I was just viewing a roll call for March. Seems some are gathering to book the private dinning room for their group.

This might be a option for your group of 8. The menu is Manfredi's . You can see the private dining room on the deck plan by Manfredi.

Great suggestion, Azulann. Thanks.

This is a great idea. I had a party of nine, all of us in V cabins, and I boarded as early as possible to try to secure it, and it worked. I knew about it because we had a dinner there on the Star's maiden voyage in 2015. It's a terrific experience, and it was no extra cost. We were able to get into the dining room at Manfredi's (I think Chef's Table has one too?) for one night, the first night which we overnighted in Venice, so I guess nobody else wanted it. All the other nights had been booked by a large family party, so it seems like it's possible somehow to do it ahead of time.