I cannot rememeber>>.>

champagne123

Here's the answer member njhorseman provided to a similar question last year:

Buses are not handicapped accessible. Ferries between Dockyard and Hamilton are, and ferries between Dockyard and St. George are if the crew is willing to lift the wheelchair or scooter onto the boat. However, navigation of the streets in Hamilton and St. George is not particularly easy. You can't be sure of being able to get to where you want to go with a wheelchair or scooter. It is possible to get around the Dockyard reasonably well using a scooter.

You might want to consider taking a taxi tour as the chair or scooter should be able to be stored in the back of the taxi.

SBtS

Along with what the response above said- the Hamilton ferry is accessible and you will find Hamilton much easier to navigate in a scooter. St George’s will be less accommodating. The ferry is a little older and the gangway is narrow enough that a scooter won’t fit up it without being hoisted. The city has more narrow and winding streets with cobblestones.

Would highly recommend you take a taxi tour to see St George’s or an accessible bus tour offered by the ship (local busses won’t take the scooter onboard).

I have been to Bermuda numerous times and for the life of me, I cannot remember....I am now "scooter" bound. Can a scooter get on the ferry to Hamilton or Georgetown?

If you are scooter bound what are you going to do in Hamilton or St. George’s when you get there? As has been said the streets are not particularly navigable for a scooter. You are not going to be able to get into stores or restaurants. They don’t have ramps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk