Czechmate

czechmate

WHY WRITE A REVIEW?

Recently I read (on a site not as good as this one!!) another not flattering Lirica review and it got me thinking - why? Why do some people write reviews?

Some have some axe to grind and write vitriolic nonsense.

Although I do not dare to speak for them it is my impression that people like Pam(Magwa) Buil and Diane (Cruiseclues) Rob Holland and others do so because they have great knowledge of cruising. They devote hours of their time to bringing really informative and helpful information to others. They present facts clearly and assist anyone making a cruise with MSC and other lines..

The latest one I read described details so very very different to my Lirica experience.

This lady complains forget fresh fruit unless in the hands of the "carvers" for the buffet display!! We had a bowl of complimentary fresh fruit in the cabin replenished every day! I had nothing but fresh fruit for breakfast and ended both lunch and dinner with fresh fruit in preference to dessert!!

This lady complained that "they act as though they will have to give up their first born if you ask for ice tea". For us there were no problems and by second day ice tea was provided with a huge smile without even being asked and glass refilled regularly. In addition there was throughout the day in the drink dispensers free orange and pineapple juice and people filled jugs and bottles to take to their cabins!!.

This lady says the food was "definately not what I would call Good." Later though she complains of her dreadful scars and bruising caused by the ignorant europeans fighting to get to the buffet!! I ask does anyone truly believe that passengers on a cruise line would fight to get to BAD food?

7 days in Venice and she is an Italian Cookery (all its many regions and variations!) and urges do not let the cruise line "get away with passing this stuff as "Italian style". Obscene to see food described as "stuff" and supreme arrogance in sweeping assumptions!! It seems that she was served one piece of veal that was slightly tough and she could not cut ir with a steak knife!!

This lady claims that "This is a VERY budget cruiseline, who cuts all possible corners". Nothing could be further from the truth so why make false claims, and even she admitted such later to me!.

This lady complained that the "do not disturb" signs are ignored and staff walked in at any time!! Hard to believe but even so - did she complain whilst on board? The answer is NO: - so why gripe afterwards.

I was so staggered at the review and it being so different to my experince that I wrote e-mail to her. She provided answers to some of my questions and these I have included above. She also told me that I was not welcome to write again and I was now in her "SPAM" list. The obvious conclusion - "I am unable to defend my words with someone who has experience".

Takes all kinds I guess............and so now we have another review of Lirica with a lot of false and untrue claims that the reviewer cannot defend or support.

Barry

Apologies..........I should have included that the review began

"Luckily for us, we did our reserach before boarding this ship. We were forewarned". Forewarned?? Another way of saying we boarded with a heap of prejudice and mental baggage? Certainly the research was sketchy and patchy and inaccurate - this I know from the response to my e mail.

It continues "We took this cruise, even after all the warnings for the ports that it offered". Now we are talking about a cruise in the med here. It is not some unexplored area inhabited by cannibals. SURPRISE SURPRISE you know what - at least there is the good grace to acknowledge "We loved every one of them. These were some amazing places" !!

I am happy to receive e-mails at danbarry@seznam.cz or danbarry2@hotmail.com.

Barry

Archived