Were there babies in diapers in the pool

Did kids hog the pool

Were kids riding the elevators all day

Did kids bang on your cabin door at night

Were there drunks or bad behaviour

Were there plenty of sunbeds

Was there an on deck barbecue

Were the hot tubs good

Was it a long walk from the ports to the town centers - free bus?

How was tipping handled

Could you get hot chocolate

What was the wine list like

What was the passenger mix by age/country

So many more I can't think of them

I am pleased you thought your first cruise was great - we all have happy memories of that first special cruise - now book another one!

Anorak - come on!! Get a grip. Give the guy a break!!

Drunks, kids, smokers etc etc. WOW!! Every cruise is going to be different. Because there are inconsiderate loud mouth, drunks, horrible kids on one cruise it does not follow that there will be on EVERY cruise!!

Some ignorant dirty parent lets their kid into the pool in a diaper does not

mean you will find that on the next cruise. BUT most important thing you better know not just kids but adults too Pee in the pool!!

On Lirica we had some of the worst ever at the table beside us in the dining room - doubt that they will ever be experienced again - unless you cruise on another line that they happen to fancy!!

On our Melody cruise there were so few kids you never noticed them.

No one banged on doors

We did not encounter a single drunk. We met very few smokers.

We thought the food was excellent - others thought it was bad. Were we right were they right?

We booked Lirica and were again delighted and have now booked Opera for 2005. Are we satisfied YES.

Was the coffee good? For me it was too strong - my partner and the couple at the adjoining table and some american friends thought it was great: Was I right or were they?

Taste is taste - we are all individual.

Were the cabins large? On Melody they are indeed larger than Lirica as are the bathrooms. Melody is older showing wear but still plenty of space. You choose you decide. The balcony cabins on Lirica are a joy.

Which ship do you plan to use? Which cruise do you fancy? Where have you booked?

I read one review where it was reported the food was "definately not good" but later we read how the crowds fight to get to the buffet!! Such a contradiction! Passengers on a cruise liner fighting to get to bad food!! Thats people for you. Believe what you read or make up your own mind.

At the end of the day all I can tell you is this. We LOVE MSC and all that they encapsulate in their cruises.

The open minded the well travelled will have no complaints.

All the ingredients are there for a fabulous time and at the end of the day it is down to you.

Lets just hope that the new management do not destroy a beautiful product. MSC does not need to be Americanised there are enough of that type of cruise line already and most need to be avoided!!

LOVE IT or HATE IT - you decide. You are an individual with your own opinions.

Is it really important for you what anyone else thinks?

Anorak ME again - Meant to say before

For SURE. On MSC you will find the most helpful hardworking team of people you could ever wish for. The staff are a super crowd who want only to provide service and give you the trip of a life time. Give them a chance, treat them with the same courtesy which you would like and you will not be disappointed.

These are dedicated people and given half a chance will do anything to jelp and please.

Down to you.

By the way - Did you ever contact ***** or Drew Tate at CruiseVacationOutlet? I know the fabulous service they gave me and also the unbelievable price for a balcony cabin on Opera for 2nd April 2005.

Anorak

LOVED the list, but you did leave out two things that seem to be on the list for many people...

Chocolates on the pillow?

Towel animals?

LOL! Have a great day all! I'm off to plan my next MSC cruise.

Archived