My 1st cruise. MSC Melody

balzak26

I cant compare this cruise...because it was our first one. MSC Melody from Genoa to Genoa passing Naples, Malta, Tunisia, Ibiza and St Tropez.

Since we live in Portugal we decided to go by car to Italy and enjoy the drive. The night before the cruise we stayed in Genoa in a nice hotel called Moderno Verdi and dinner at Al Rustichello, a restaurant near the hotel that i enjoyed a lot. We left out car at the hands of Garage Ponte dei Mille, it turned out ok. The check in was faster than i expected. We got a cabin B34 and our friends B36. Our cabin was a bit larger than our friends, we had a bathtub, they didnt. For an interior cabin on the bahamas deck i think it was a good cabin. Our steward was Hubert, he was great.

Well lets get to the spirit of the forum (like aronak33 says !!)

All the crew is helpful if you are happy they are happy, they are glad to answer your questions. Everyday you get a program of the day in your cabin, READ IT, because everyday you have different things to see. One day the Midnight buffet was on the Kitchens of the cruise. Different shows everynight, films on the theatre, .....i cant remember them all.

The food was great, italian style, dont be afraid to taste new flavors, if you dont really like it you can order something else. Or you can dinner on the self service buffet that as always nice things to eat. The drinks are not cheap but i dont think they were expensive cokes and other juices (2 Euro), coffe (0.90 E), Martini (3 E), cocktails (+- 4,50Euro), Tea (1,40 Euro). A GREAT non alcohol cocktail "Fruit Smoothie" (3,50E) and a GREAT brazilian alcoholic drink: CAipiroska (4,50). I just had wine once and i cant remember how much but i think you have wine from 15,00 Euro a bootle.

A negative side of this cruise was the pools and the jacuzzis: There are 2 swimming pools and 2 jacuzzis, well when you look to the jacuzzi with all that people in and out i didnt have the courage to use it. The pools have lots and lots of adults and kids. In my opinion if the ship as 2 swimming pools i think the best was to use one for adults and one to the teens.

About the elevators, well you will use your legs a lot, but after all that food, i think its a good thing....

Naples: We went on our own, just walking in the town and eating the REAL Pizza that was invented in Naples.

Malta: We went on the "Beach Excursion" its in a resort, it was good to relax. Dont be late to the bus, cause the Melody dont wait for you.

Tunes: We went on the "Shopping excursion", we got a great guide SAMI. we went to the souks in the Medina and then to Sidi Bou Said. It is not advise to go alone.

Ibiza: Its a long walk from the port the the center. you can purchase a shuttle for 5 Euro. We rented a car for 70 Euros in Avis and went to San Antonio to see the famous sunset in Cafe del Mar, it is great to see all kinds of people arriving to the beach, wait to the sunset and them aplause....Just in Ibiza !!, for dinner in the Old Marina where everybody is, and at night too, well Ibiza at night is all what you have heard and more !!!! We left the car near Melody and the next day we went to the beach in "Salinas" white sand, blue ocean, nice temperature....

St Tropez: If you want to go to the beach, its better to go on an excursion. Dont forget to go to the Marina at night and walk aroud the small streets behind the marina, it as lots of shops ther to see or buy.

Resuming i loved this cruise, there was a good mix of people, all in a good mood for vacations. I will probably repeat again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your happiness and positive experiences with us. Guess that maybe you will get "hooked" on the cruising bug now!! Life will never be the same again.

We can only say positive things about MSC and would always look first to see what they offer. Like you we highly recommend.

Magwa will now be home from Armonia. Look forward to hear how she fared.Her views on the boats appearance are well know!! :-) Sorry Pam!!

Archived