Can someone explain...

nocaper

Looks like a lot of you are using a certain auction site and I have two questions. If a quantity of 2 is offered, can you bid for 1 and (assumung you win the auction) ask for 2 later or do you have to bid the 2 right off? Why are the transatlantic prices starting dirt cheap and the Caribbean starting at over $600? Oten on that site one gets a lower price for crossing the pond than doing the islands. I'm assuming the crossings are a harder sell, BUT, I'd still like a great price for the Carib!!

Happy sailing

Yo nocaper-

Hello again-

To shed some light on this - you need to bid on 2 'cause down deeper in the listings it talks about single and double - and you appear to have to pay for two even if you go as one-

It has only been lately that the "West Indies" and Panama Canal have openers over $600 - when I won my cruise several months ago - it started at $1 and I wound up at $519 (pretty good I thought)-so I guess that it is the guys at the site insuring themselves that they are going to get their fair share (it IS interesting though that my booking is NOT a group booking like our Carnival cruise in December-but a regular MSC number that they recognize) - go figure!!!

We are on the March 31 cruise - hop aboard!!!

BTW - their bump up to an outside is cheaper than any I could find at online T/A's (?)

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

So, Mike...can you get that price for two more??!! LOL I'd gladly join you then! You are doing the Southern, correct? Just got an email last night from a friend in St. Lucia who said the southern part of that island had minimal damage and the north is OK. Grenada is the hardest hit and he is still unable to contact friends there. Sounds like some lines are substituting with a stop in Dominica. Who knows what will happen by next year. I loved Grenada and hope they are able to rebuild soon.

Archived