Hotels in Rome and Barcelona?

Genoabay

I second Albergo Cesari in Rome - their name just changed. Great location and good size rooms - lovely roof deck for breakfast too!

https://www.9-hotel-cesari-rome.it/fr/

Just a heads-up, I used the link above to check room rates at Albergo Cesari for my next trip. The rate was good so I booked. I never select the nonrefundable price. Instead I selected the 10% "early booking" offer which is still very reasonable. So far so good.

When I got my electronic confirmation, it shows that I had been booked with the nonrefundable rate. :mad: I emailed immediately and am awaiting a response. Hopefully they will correct the problem, as they should...

Just be aware and always check your confirmation to be sure it's accurate.

Another vote for the over and above Hassler in Rome and the equally wonderful Arts (especially on the club floor) in Barcelona. We never only stay one night anywhere and enjoy the luxury of the ship on land as well.

The Arts, our number one hotel in Barcelona. We will be doing the club floor for the first time on our next trip after four times in regular rooms, which are great also. Can't wait to go back. :):):)

Just a heads-up, I used the link above to check room rates at Albergo Cesari for my next trip. The rate was good so I booked. I never select the nonrefundable price. Instead I selected the 10% "early booking" offer which is still very reasonable. So far so good.

When I got my electronic confirmation, it shows that I had been booked with the nonrefundable rate. :mad: I emailed immediately and am awaiting a response. Hopefully they will correct the problem, as they should...

Happy to report that the hotel rectified the error with no problems.

In Rome, it's always been Hotel Canada for us! I believe that we completed our 5th stay this past May. We like it for the family run atmosphere, the large rooms and bathrooms, the included breakfast buffet, and the close proximity to the Termini and subway. And if you are an avid walker, all the major attractions are within walking distance. More than a hop and a skip, but close enough for a brisk stroll. http://www.hotelcanadaroma.com/en/

Seconding!

Be ready to be pampered every time you enter the Club.

I am sure. Nothing better than the clubs at the Ritz. Just too much money sometimes for us. Would stay all the time if we could. :):):)

I have not found a hotel in Barcelona i like, but in Rome there are some great ones. If you are travelling off season, The Inn at Forum is amazing. I cannot say enough good things about it. And the location is great too!

Samsung Tab E

Taking the Rome to Barcelona cruise on the Marina Nov 2, 2018. A year from today!

Can anyone suggest/recommend hotels in Rome or Barcelona?

Also, which hotels does Oceania use in these cities?

Many Thanks

We stayed at the Palace Hotel a LHW property and also an American Express Finest hotels.We were members of both and were upgraded to a magnificent suite.

The hotel was exceptional.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

LHT28, Right answer but if you actually try it the hotel is not posted until 30 days before embarkation. I know I wish to choose before that. I second the Arts in BCN and would choose the Bernini in Rome for a combo of location and price; not cheap but near lots.

LHT28, Right answer but if you actually try it the hotel is not posted until 30 days before embarkation. I know I wish to choose before that. I second the Arts in BCN and would choose the Bernini in Rome for a combo of location and price; not cheap but near lots.

Some itineraries you can look at the link online & click hotels

it will give you the ones they use along with pricing

here is one for May as an example

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Mediterranean-cruises/rome-to-venice-RVA180517/hotels/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%2f%23destinations%3dmediterranean

option #2 ask your TA or Oceania

I have not found a hotel in Barcelona i like, but in Rome there are some great ones. If you are travelling off season, The Inn at Forum is amazing. I cannot say enough good things about it. And the location is great too!

Samsung Tab E

Our last trip there we stayed in Eixample, at this B&B/Boutique hotel...https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d2277324-Reviews-Circa_1905-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

We loved the B&B and the area. It’s just a bit away from the masses in the tourist area. It is near the Gaudi sites, with upscale residential, with good shopping and excellent local restaurants.

We stayed at the Catalonia Barcelona Plaza in September and loved it. The rooms were very nice, spacious and well equipped. The location at Plaza España was perfect for transportation, shopping and dining. Also, there's a beautiful roof top bar and pool that has killer sangria. Breakfast is included and was delicious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app