Anyone have experience with "Wait List" bookings?

kelmac

O must want my cabin and the lowest priced verandas since I and many of my roll call friends who are in OV and verandas all just got upsell offers a week before final payment is due. We all declined. It was too much money for little perceived value.

If they really wanted them the offers would get good enough for people to be taking. More than likely they have inventory above you that is empty and making some money off of it is better than none. And of course it's always good for them to have openings in the cheaper rooms.

Just an update from the OP -- our cruise moved to "sold-out" and we were still on the waitlist, so we just cancelled. Hard to make plans if everything is up in the air. We did keep our World Cruise segment on the Queen Victoria; SFO to Southampton (80 days) at a great price. Since the QM2 and the QV are in Southampton on the same day, we will cruise back to NYC and avoid any overseas flights.

Prefer the food on Oceania, but Cunard is adequate.

Thanks for all the insight,

Kel:D

That's so strange, I booked this cruise yesterday and we are #1 on the waitlist for an A1 (and we also waitlisted for an A2 and A3 and are 2nd and 3rd on the waitlist respectively). All categories are still showing as waitlisted. Since this cruise is still so far away, not doing any planning just yet. We are platinum on Cunard and your cruise on the QV looks amazing, but on such a long cruise I would be worried about the formal clothes and all the luggage. I am not a light packer, lol. Enjoy the QV!

.....your cruise on the QV looks amazing, but on such a long cruise I would be worried about the formal clothes and all the luggage. I am not a light packer, lol. Enjoy the QV!

Does Amazon not sell steamer trunks? :D

Seriously though, our first Cunard cruise was on the old QE2. Ours was only a 21 day cruise but many passengers were traveling with multiple steamer trunks that were stored elsewhere than their cabin and rotated regularly (it might have been a world cruise?)

Does Amazon not sell steamer trunks? :D

Seriously though, our first Cunard cruise was on the old QE2. Ours was only a 21 day cruise but many passengers were traveling with multiple steamer trunks that were stored elsewhere than their cabin and rotated regularly (it might have been a world cruise?)

Hahahahahah! I don't think I'm that bad, but my husband might say otherwise.

The segment that I wait listed was the 51 night NY-Sydney. I was checking the Oceania website this morning and each segment of this cruse - NY-LA and LA Sydney was available in our category and the same cabin was available on each segment. I called Oceania and was able to book this as two segments (which was actually less money than booking as one segment). Do you, or does anyone, know why my category (A1) would be waitlisted if cabins were available in the category? I'm just curious....thanks.

They may hold back some cabins so that they can keep pax in 1 cabin & not have to move on the longer cruises

There is probably a cut off date where they will open them up

I am just guessing but it makes sense in my mind ;)

Would not be good if people booked the 51 day cruise & had to change cabins after the first 2 segments

They may hold back some cabins so that they can keep pax in 1 cabin & not have to move on the longer cruises

There is probably a cut off date where they will open them up

I am just guessing but it makes sense in my mind ;)

Would not be good if people booked the 51 day cruise & had to change cabins after the first 2 segments

Makes sense to me as well.

Two months ago requested my TA to Wait List on the Dec 12th Riviera Cruise for an "Ocean View" Cabin. Came through in less than a month.

At the same time asked her to wait list us on the Mar 28th T/A Cruise on the Riviera for an "Inside Cabin". Came through within the same Month

• 3 months later...
Is "waitlist" reservation with "O" subjected to price/bonus changes when being released? Or it states at the original reservation price & bonus?

It's whatever the current price is for the category you are wanting.

• 2 weeks later...

We had been booked on a Montreal to Southampton cruise and Oceania made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They offered us a different cruise (Tahiti etc.). at a really bargain basement price so we gave up our cabin and took the Tahiti cruise. We then wait listed ourselves on the Montreal to Southampton cruise and got on about 3 months before the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Update on our messed up Waitlist experience:

We were booked in a B1 verandah for the 2019 RTW cruise, but were also waitlisted for any PH suite. Our TA said that O told her that we were #1 for a PH1 or PH2 and #2 for a PH3. That was in mid-May, 2017.

One day I read (on this thread) that someone else - in June - wanted a PH suite and O told them that they were #1 on the waitlist! Something was very odd about people being able to jump ahead of others on the list. Anyway, the other person was given a PH that opened up and we were not even made aware of it. Several people here on CC said it was because I must not have a good TA - whether that's true or not, it was O's responsibility to be honest and not bypass people on their waitlist just to please some TA.

Now fast forward to last month.....you know how good things happen to those who patiently wait....well, we were so blessed when someone traded cabins with us! We got a PH suite and they got what they wanted! And even better that we all got it done before the prices went up. Glad this turned out so good for all of us. :halo: