Bonnie: Another Port Arrival Time Question

donaldsc

I have a question on our port arrival time in Napier for our 22 February New Zealand cruise. The Azamara cruise site shows that we arrive in Napier at 2:00 PM which is very late and messes up almost all the tour possibilities in Napier. A perspective tour guide just e-mailed and said that the Napier port board shows a 12 noon arrival time.

I asked my TA about this and she sent this message back to me

"I talked with Azamara and they are also showing 12pm on their records, however, they still show 2pm on the guest invoice. They most likely will not change it on the invoice because they won't guarantee noon, even though they will probably be there by then. The cruiselines like to have a window of time for any traffic, port and pilot delays."

Can someone check to find out which is correct. Getting in earlier than announced 2 PM would make it a much better port visit. I will be really annoyed if we get in at 12 noon and I have missed out on good tours because Azamara posted the wrong port arrival time.

DON

I have a question on our port arrival time in Napier for our 22 February New Zealand cruise. The Azamara cruise site shows that we arrive in Napier at 2:00 PM which is very late and messes up almost all the tour possibilities in Napier. A perspective tour guide just e-mailed and said that the Napier port board shows a 12 noon arrival time.

I asked my TA about this and she sent this message back to me

"I talked with Azamara and they are also showing 12pm on their records, however, they still show 2pm on the guest invoice. They most likely will not change it on the invoice because they won't guarantee noon, even though they will probably be there by then. The cruiselines like to have a window of time for any traffic, port and pilot delays."

Can someone check to find out which is correct. Getting in earlier than announced 2 PM would make it a much better port visit. I will be really annoyed if we get in at 12 noon and I have missed out on good tours because Azamara posted the wrong port arrival time.

DON

To add to the confusion about Napier, I just got something from ToursbyLocals indicating that we will be in at 13:00. Does ANYONE at all know when we get into Napier.

DXON

I asked HQ this same question for someone back in September. Here's the response I received:

"Napier arrival on February 25, 2018 is 2:00pm. The port right before it is Tauranga which is a tidal port and the port authority advised us that we could not leave Tauranga until 7:15pm which means the earliest we can arrive Napier is 2:00pm."

I asked HQ this same question for someone back in September. Here's the response I received:

"Napier arrival on February 25, 2018 is 2:00pm. The port right before it is Tauranga which is a tidal port and the port authority advised us that we could not leave Tauranga until 7:15pm which means the earliest we can arrive Napier is 2:00pm."

Gotcha. Thanks.

DON

This is still the official information.

Day Date Port Location Arrive Depart T/D

SUN 25FEB18 NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND 2:00p 9:00p D

There have been no official change to the arrival or departure time for this sailing.