How do you apply $700 shore excursion credit to pre booked excursions?

TheHolyman

I have a $700 credit as part of the indulgence/ultimate package however to book excursions it wants full payment now. Will I lose this benefit or can I get a refund and apply the credit?

Many thanks to other people who have managed to use the indulgence/ultimate package.

If you don’t use it onboard you lose it.

However you can prebook and pay for an excursion and then once onboard you go to Land Discoveries where you cancel and rebook the tour using your OBC. The sum you paid for the tour is refunded to your onboard account as refundable credit which. An go back to your credit card if you don’t lose it.

It’s a little messy all this Azamara are running very late with an IT update to allow you to use OBC before you board. No idea now when that’s happening. My only concern in the comments above are when are you cruising it’s not clear if you can use the workaround beyond thr end of this year. There are other cruisers asking about this on other posts but no answers yet.

It’s a little messy all this Azamara are running very late with an IT update to allow you to use OBC before you board. No idea now when that’s happening

As Azamara is part of the RCCL company and they have that feature already implemented I am sure it will happen soon for Azamara too.

As Azamara is part of the RCCL company and they have that feature already implemented I am sure it will happen soon for Azamara too.

I would like to think you were correct but previous timelines have been pushed back and back and people are still trying to get a handle on what’s happening when because like the original poster they’ve credit they want to use and can’t use it any other way.

Don't hold your breath.

If I remember correctly when the idea was first introduced as a coming feature that was around January and was announced as 'soon'.

It was implemented around May or June, I think.

Then another 3 months for celebrity.

My guess is either before end of the year OR end of February.

So no, I will not hold my breath ;)

Their new pronouncement that the "work around" has now been extended indefinitely should tell you all that you need to know about their plans of actually allowing you to use the OBC before you step one foot on the ship. That means no fix for the foreseeable future.

Their new pronouncement that the "work around" has now been extended indefinitely should tell you all that you need to know about their plans of actually allowing you to use the OBC before you step one foot on the ship. That means no fix for the foreseeable future.

Ugh. That sounds very true unfortunately.

Is anyone really surprised?.

In speaking to a gentleman in the shore excursion department in Miami a few days ago, he explained that Azamara is running on a different IT platform than RCL and Celebrity, so implementing this is not just a matter of copying over some software, or turning on some code. They are feeling the pain on this issue.

I would also make an educated guess that the necessary site changes to integrate the new ship would be given a higher priority than resolving OBC's for shore excursions.

It is difficult to comprehend, how Azamara, having been born out of Celebrity, could end up in a different IT environment from the larger siblings. Strange.

John