Ships excursion to Cinque Terre os stay in Portifino?

dolllover

We did this in June. It was ok; would have been very nice except for a few pax that held the group up getting coffee at a rest stop. Because of them we arrived late to our first town and missed our ferry, so the rest of the tour was very rushed. Unfortunately you never know if you’ll have inconsiderate people on your tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed in SML a few years ago.

It is far more Italian than Portofino with its Russian Oligarch yachts. The first restaurant we tried for lunch we walked out of as they would not serve us a beer whilst we were looking at the menu.

Cinque Terre even more so (aka less spoilt) but I doubt if you can do it in a day from Portofino,

Tony

There's a ferry that runs from Portofino to SML and the Cinque Terre. We walked to SML, had lunch and took the ferry back, easy peasy. 7 Euro one way. I'm not sure of the schedule to CT, but you could probably find it with a Google search.

Portofino is a collection of boutiques with eye popping prices, restaurants with the same and a restroom on the pier that wants one Euro for you to pee. OK, that's an oversimplification, but SML is a very nice seaside town that has much to commend it.

We were just on the Quest and we had a private tour to Cinque Terra. Our ship did not leave until 11 pm, so you CAN do Cinque Terra in a day, it was a long one, but not rushed, and we had a great time. We were in a van, on the train, and on the water...did it all

We were just on the Quest and we had a private tour to Cinque Terra. Our ship did not leave until 11 pm, so you CAN do Cinque Terra in a day, it was a long one, but not rushed, and we had a great time. We were in a van, on the train, and on the water...did it all

May just do it with a private guide. What company did you use? I'm not sure I'll be back in this area so seeing Cinque Terra may be the thing to do. Thank you.

Caripoo: sounds wonderful. I would love to know what tour company you used as well.

Thanks!