Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:37 PM.
UK
874 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I have just booked Eclipse for a Fjords cruise in May, we have been on Equinox last year but we had CC and I believe they are larger bath towels ?

We booked a guarantee balcony so I have no idea where we will be but how much smaller are the towels, I may need to take my own if they are much smaller ?

Thanks

Janis
Surrey, UK
483 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
I am a UK size 18 and found that the "normal" towels were ridiculously small.

Our first cruise was in a "regular" cabin and I had to ask the room steward for the larger concierge towels. For the first couple of days I actually brought the towels up from the swimming pool area before deciding that I should just ask for bigger towels. He did as I asked but did say that I wasn't really entitled to them.

Our next two cruises were concierge and aqua and the towel sizes were fine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
12-04-2012 Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
08-03-2013 Celebrity Eclipse
UK
874 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Thanks for that info, that is what I was worried about, why on earth would they think that normal cabins should have small towels

I certainly didn't think the towels in CC were anything special so I had better take a couple in my case.

Janis
3,910 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Leave your towels home. Just did the Eclipse in January. Towels in the regular cabins were fine. Large and thick. We asked our cabin steward to leave extra towels. Not a problem. You will also find 2 very large thick beach towels in the cabin. You can use these also. Relax. You will love the Eclipse. I booked another cruise on the Eclipse for next year.
Surrey, UK
483 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by Redtravel
Leave your towels home. Just did the Eclipse in January. Towels in the regular cabins were fine. Large and thick. We asked our cabin steward to leave extra towels. Not a problem. You will also find 2 very large thick beach towels in the cabin. You can use these also. Relax. You will love the Eclipse. I booked another cruise on the Eclipse for next year.
Well we obviously have very different opinions of large towels. At home I use a bath sheet and that is the size of towel I am used to .

For me, personally, a standard bath towel is too small.

I agree that the "beach" towels are big enough.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Chicago area
14,081 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
We've had both Concierge Class and standard veranda cabins many times. The towels in the Concierge Class are slightly nicer. To me they were not appreciably larger than the towels in the standard cabins. If they were larger at all the size difference was not significant - or at least not enough to stand out in my memory. The standard towels were still very nice, hotel type, towels and I would not call them small. While we'd prefer the CC towels I've never felt it was that big of a deal and have been perfectly happy with the standard towels.

Neither type of towel will be the size of large "bath sheets" you have at home. The beach towels might be close to this and you could ask your room steward if he/she could supply those instead but I've not heard of that nor felt the need myself even though we are used to larger bath sheets at home.

I would not bring my own towels. Not only would they take up a lot of luggage space but you also would not be able to get them laundered. I've read a lot of messages on these boards and I've never read of anyone bringing their own towels for stateroom use.

You can get additional towels on request. You also may be able to get the CC cabin type towels on request but this isn't a sure thing and may depend on your steward, their supervisor and availability of the towels to your steward. If this is a major concern of yours then I'd suggest booking a CC room to ensure you get the towel of your choice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Larry [email protected]
Photo site for past cruises : http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises
UK
874 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I would love to upgrade to CC, not just for the towels but I don't think it would be worth the extra £1000 each, hubby won't be bothered about the towels he would dry on a face cloth

Good idea about the beach towels, they will have to do
Surrey, UK
483 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by rubydoobydoo
I would love to upgrade to CC, not just for the towels but I don't think it would be worth the extra £1000 each, hubby won't be bothered about the towels he would dry on a face cloth

Good idea about the beach towels, they will have to do
My OH is the same. Also it helps that he is a more normal size than I am and has no trouble wrapping the towel around his waist.

I, on the other hand, like to feel fully wrapped up after a shower (I hate them anyway - the way they make you feel cold after you emerge from the cubicle) and I can't even get the normal towels to join up in the middle.

Given Celebrity's slogan (modern luxury) I think they might run to towels that allow for larger ladies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nova Scotia
1,667 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
just use the huge beach towels that are in your cabin and I am sure they will be replaced as needed. Large towels take a of of luggage space...I can think of better things to fill my luggage with
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Sensation 2008
Celebrity Constellation Panama canal 2010
Celebrity Solstice TA 2012
Celebrity Solstice Western Med. 2012
Celebrity Reflection 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2013
Celebrity Infinity TA Oct. 24 2013
Celebrity Century Panama Canal Jan. 5 2014
Celebrity Constellation TA Nov. 5 2014
Celebrity Equinox Jan. 12 2015
Celebrity Infinity Mar 13 2016
SAILING

Celebrity Reflection Jan28 2017
TRENTON MI USA
6,444 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
get towels from the spa or pool area

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Professional Goof Off
Did as little as possible
Now Retired
and doing more of doing less therefore I am working harder.

Warning: You will not be able to drink unlimited drinks all day long with the drink packages unless you start very early in the day. 🍸🍻🍺🍧☕

Important Health Information: WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN 🙌
massachusetts
201 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
I too like a larger towel and when we were in a balcony room I just used to pick up a pool towel and take it the room to use after my shower.
Manchester UK
8,003 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
Originally posted by warmwinds
I dry off, then put on the robe.
So do I
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
suekeelan at hotmail dot com
UK
874 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
When you go to hotels, and they don't have exactly the type/size of towels that you like, what do you do?
I don't usually have a problem with hotel towels, but then I very rarely stay in hotels for more than 1night.

I didn't find the CC towels particularly large or special so I was just wondering what the difference was and why there would be a difference anyway

You will probably find it strange that I take my own pillow with me in my case too , I will have lots of room in my case as it's only 8 days with no flying involved
Connecticut
424 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
if the towels are too small then the only thing left to do is get out of the shower and go out on the balcony and air dry! See if that makes the cruise in review video the whole ship air drying on their balconies!
Surrey, UK
483 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by rubydoobydoo
I don't usually have a problem with hotel towels, but then I very rarely stay in hotels for more than 1night.

I didn't find the CC towels particularly large or special so I was just wondering what the difference was and why there would be a difference anyway

You will probably find it strange that I take my own pillow with me in my case too , I will have lots of room in my case as it's only 8 days with no flying involved

Me too .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Surrey, UK
483 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
When you go to hotels, and they don't have exactly the type/size of towels that you like, what do you do?
Most hotels we stay at provide towels of a decent size. Very occasionally they don't but we rarely stay at that type of hotel for more than a single night and so it is a minor nuisance.

A cruise is likely to be in excess of 7 nights and therefore I say again "Modern Luxury" conjures up an image of a company that does not need to skimp on towel size.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3,910 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Your cabin steward will leave you as many towels as you want. I always request extras. If the bath towel is too small, use 2...or use the beach towel. They will replace any towels that you use. Those beach towels are large and thick. If they are too small for you, then use a blanket. My spouse is a big person....one towel is enough.
781 Posts
Joined May 2010
I am a size 14 growing to almost a 16 after 14 days on a Celebrity ship.
The towels are not really big enough in AQ. We always ask for a couple of extra ones. The robes in AQ/CC are huge and thick wrapping up in one would work well and the steward was happy to replace them mid cruise. This is not a problem we have in high end hotels in the UK.
Funnily enough on our last Med cruise my husband asked for a lighter robe, he prefers the ones from the balcony cabins and our steward refused saying we were not in the right cabins for those, so it does work both ways.