Transfer/Visa during port stay in Russia (May 7th Celebrity Shilloute)

jfancy

Hi:

Does anyone know if you have to have a visa while on a Segway Tour in Russia? I have found a Tour Company and they say they can provide the Transfer but I'm not sure if they mean Visa or the Transfer to and from the Ship. I know some Tours include the Visa. This is the Tour Company http://www.happywayspb.com/main I have asked the Tour Company but they seem confusing to me. If anyone knows any info on if we would have to purchase a visa separately or after reading the email below is the visa and transfer is supplied by this Tour Company. Their last response to me was:

Hi Joanne

It's so strange, I answered you with mail mydearvesta@gmail.com, thank you wrote here.

The total cost of the tours for two people: Mystical Petersburg (2 * 2000) + On the banks of the Neva (2 * 3600) = 11 200 rubles. So if you take 2 tours, we can make you a discount on the transfer. And the total cost will be 11,500 rubles for two persons.

For your visa we can only send a confirmation - visa support. Whether it's suitable for you?

Unfortunately, the same does not work with his email reply to you with me, is prohibited.

Maybe you have a Whats Up for faster communication?

Alena Mankova

I would guess by 'transfer' they mean' transaction'. I don't see any indication that they are authorised to supply visas. When they say they can only supply confirmation-visa support, I would take it to mean that when you apply for your own visa you can use their confirmation as support for your visa application. When you apply for your own individual Russian visa you have to have an 'invitation', so the segway company booking would constitute yours. That's my reading of it anyway.

Hi:

Does anyone know if you have to have a visa while on a Segway Tour in Russia? I have found a Tour Company and they say they can provide the Transfer but I'm not sure if they mean Visa or the Transfer to and from the Ship. I know some Tours include the Visa. This is the Tour Company http://www.happywayspb.com/main I have asked the Tour Company but they seem confusing to me. If anyone knows any info on if we would have to purchase a visa separately or after reading the email below is the visa and transfer is supplied by this Tour Company. Their last response to me was:

Hi Joanne

It's so strange, I answered you with mail mydearvesta@gmail.com, thank you wrote here.

The total cost of the tours for two people: Mystical Petersburg (2 * 2000) + On the banks of the Neva (2 * 3600) = 11 200 rubles. So if you take 2 tours, we can make you a discount on the transfer. And the total cost will be 11,500 rubles for two persons.

For your visa we can only send a confirmation - visa support. Whether it's suitable for you?

Unfortunately, the same does not work with his email reply to you with me, is prohibited.

Maybe you have a Whats Up for faster communication?

Alena Mankova

Knowing how Russian think, unless they will supply you the visa for your tour. Run as fast you away. There are a lot of scammers in the country of Russia that pray on tourists.

Cruisers don't actually need a visa - tours offered by authorised tour operators like the many mentioned on the Baltic forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=192 are actually visa-free, not visa-included. That might be why they use the term visa-support.

The other tour operators e-mail you a confirmation of your tour, you print it off and that gets you thru immigration without a visa.

Importantly tour operators meet you at the cruise terminal and return you, and I'm pretty sure that this is a requirement.

It's not clear from the correspondence whether those transfers are provided or whether the Segway operator is authorised to provide visa-free tours, but it certainly is clear that cruise passengers don't provide them with the bulk of their business or they'd make "visa-free" or something similar very clear and prominent on their website.

It's quite possible that you can take the Segway tour/s visa-free exactly the same as the van tours.

But you certainly need better confirmation than you have at the moment.

JB :)

There are many reputable companies who offer visa free tours, refer to destination boards. I would be very hesitant to book with this company. Contact Alla, SPB or any of the other operators, they may be able to organise a Segway tour for you. Although we did not end up using them, their pre cruise communications were excellent and other passengers on our cruise spoke very highly of them.