Ashdod Azamazing Evening - Bonnie can you help

Spursgirl

I returned from Journey at the weekend. During our cruise we attended a wonderful Azamazing Evening in Ashdod, Israel where a 40 piece symphony orchestra and a superb singer treated us to the most wonderful concert.

Knowing how much my mother would enjoy seeing it, I purchased a DVD of the event on board. Imagine my disappointment when I found that the DVD is a dud and is unplayable. The team on board did tell me that they had experienced some technical difficulties when producing the product - clearly these had not been resolved.

Bonnie, is there any way you can assist me by arranging for me to receive a playable replacement copy?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Spursgirl,

I'm so sorry! I'll ask the Hotel Director, to see if they have any non-duds onboard. I hope so! (yn)

Thank you Bonnie, I am sure Heike will help if at all possible.

Hopefully you will be able to post some positive news for me in the coming days.

I cc'd the Cruise Director as well.

I may be dating myself but are UK DVDs a different format than US DVDs? If so, I should probably let them know that's what you're looking for.

Thanks again for your help Bonnie. Must admit it hadn't occurred to me that UK and US DVD formats may be different

Thanks again for your help Bonnie. Must admit it hadn't occurred to me that UK and US DVD formats may be different

Hazel, when we were younger and we used Tapes I was told it was different but not sure of DVD's. Wonder if just bad.

They are indeed different, US is Region 1, Europe is Region 2, it depends how your DVD player is configured, some can be multi region, others are specific to the Region you live in.

If you can find anyone with a multi region DVD player it may be worth trying your DVD in it, alternatively it may play in a PC DVD player.

Apologies for getting technical, good luck!

Edited by Azamarajunkie
spelling!

They are indeed different, US is Region 1, Europe is Region 2, it depends how your DVD player is configured, some can be multi region, others are specific to the Region you live in.

If you can find anyone with a multi region DVD player it may be worth trying your DVD in it, alternatively it may play in a PC DVD player.

Apologies for getting technical, good luck!

Thanks. As the least technical person in the universe hadn't a clue about this but it was also explained to me by my American partner last night.

This superb concert will stay long in my memory, it would have been a bonus if I could have shared it with mum but it's not the end of the world.

Thanks. As the least technical person in the universe hadn't a clue about this but it was also explained to me by my American partner last night.

This superb concert will stay long in my memory, it would have been a bonus if I could have shared it with mum but it's not the end of the world.

I have a DVD of our Panama transit on Celebrity, it works fine on our player but when a friend borrowed it they could not get it to work on theirs.

I hope this all works out Hazel. I've fallen foul of the DVD "region" issue before. I also concur about this Azamazing Evening. The best performance I have ever seen for one and the female vocalist was simply outstanding. The venue and food was pretty good too!

Phil

We did have a great night didn't we Phil. Like you I think the Ashdod Azamazing Evening is the best I have attended. Hope other Azamara guests have the chance to also experience it in the future

Our CD Eric is asking for your mailing address so it sounds hopeful!

You can email your name and mailing address to Mr Twynam at rtwynam@Azamara.com and I'll ask him to send it along to Eric.

This is great news. Bonnie, thank you so much for interceding for me. It is much appreciated. I'll contact Richard in the morning

Hope Eric is able to send you a UK copy, if that doesn't work I can send you a couple of video clips that I took

It was a fantastic evening or should I say AnAmazing evening

Thank you so much Julie. If for some reason I don't receive a replacement copy would love to take you up on your offer.

Expect G like me is a little nervous about tonight. I have everything crossed that we will get a good result