Question - with the new classic Rock Room on the new ships..

Wishing on a star

Stick to the remaining two "S" class ships, Maasdam and Veendam, and to the "R" class ships, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, and Zaandam. They don't have BB King's, they still have the Ocean Bar, and as far as I know they won't get the Rock Room. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge it's the Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle class ships that are getting all the latest changes.

But' date=' I would not believe that this venue would be operating continuously during the day.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I think the decadence and mayhem to be wrought in this venue could go on well into the night...but not continuously

It will sell alot more Budlights, Wine, Corona's and IPA's after hours, and that's a good thing.

The only thing I am seeing is EXC up on the Observation.

The Crows nest no longer exist as it used to be, as that kind of venue.

And, it is also FAR removed from most restaurants and gathering areas.

I am thinking that the lack of such a more laid back acceptable area to relax, mingle, etc... before or after dinner or show, seems to be a huge 'miss'.

Even the 'shows' seem to be loud, overly glaring, constant motion, mega-screens at the World Stage.

Sensory overload.

The only thing I am seeing is EXC up on the Observation.

The Crows nest no longer exist as it used to be, as that kind of venue.

And, it is also FAR removed from most restaurants and gathering areas.

I am thinking that the lack of such a more laid back acceptable area to relax, mingle, etc... before or after dinner or show, seems to be a huge 'miss'.

Even the 'shows' seem to be loud, overly glaring, constant motion, mega-screens at the World Stage.

Sensory overload.

I think you've hit the hammer on the head ......

......many older 5* mariners probably are not going to be interested in this......

What we noticed on the K last Christmas was that the music venues don't operate at the same time. If LCS was performing, the other venues were quiet. Same for BB King and BB Onboard. (Occasionally BB Kings and BB Onboard would overlap, but not often if I am remembering correctly.) I imagine the same will be true for the new Rock Room. I can't imagine all these areas playing at the same time. The sound "bleeding" would be extreme.

We really liked the fact that the venues staggered their shows and that we had an opportunity to experience all of them, and we are looking forward to experiencing the new venue this Christmas.

And B.B. Kings, another loud active venue.

And, the complete desecration of the Crow's Nest.

No Ocean Bar...

Where would one go to relax and socialize for a before or after dinner drink?

Great question. I'm considering the smaller HAL ships now, and also Viking and Crystal.

Friends (he's a 3,she's a 4 star) have jumped over to Regent.

Edited by Boatdrill

Sail the smaller ships. Only the bigger ones will have the larger variety of entertainment. We have always found that HAL tried to stagger entertainment. There was always a quiet space. We love getting a pre-dinner drink and strolling the promenade enjoying the last gasps of the dying day.

IMHO.. "sail the smaller/older ships" is neither a valid or acceptable recommendation, or excuse for this type of area not being offered...

I am not usually a rude person but idk what to say beyond, okay, then don't sail on HAL. Not certain what answer you want. We all have choices. Most of us are happy with the new offerings. Goodness knows we in our 40's want HAL to survive and staying current certainly helps.

Edited by fatcat04

I am not usually a rude person but idk what to say beyond, okay, then don't sail on HAL. Not certain what answer you want. We all have choices. Most of us are happy with the new offerings. Goodness knows we in our 40's want HAL to survive and staying current certainly helps.
Very well said

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

And B.B. Kings, another loud active venue.

And, the complete desecration of the Crow's Nest.

No Ocean Bar...

Where would one go to relax and socialize for a before or after dinner drink?

Keep in mind - husband and I (late 50s) love the jazz duo and classical options HAL offers too, but will definitely check out the new venue as well. It's not all or none. I wouldn't worry.

Explorers Lounge;

Holland America Onboard Event Services recently told me there is no longer a bar in the Explorer's Lounge on the Nieuw Amsterdam because of the expansion of Lincoln Center Stage venue. Same with the Eurodam (saw it for myself in June).

Holland America Onboard Event Services recently told me there is no longer a bar in the Explorer's Lounge on the Nieuw Amsterdam because of the expansion of Lincoln Center Stage venue. Same with the Eurodam (saw it for myself in June).

Thanks for reminding me that the two Signature class vessels came out with an Explorer's Bar! I had forgotten. Which one is Nieuw Amsterdam's? Pic #1 or Pic #2?

NieLow-30483-1510674423.jpg

holland-america-line-explorers-lounge_3.jpg