Questions about Nordam in Alas

creel5857

we have been to Alaska 3 times with various routes and itineraries.....usually plan well over year but just now trying to schedule something for 2019 summer

We have sailed Nordam in the past and it appears most of the 10 or 11 day land/tour southbound packages that we can find seem to be on Nordam. I had hoped for westerdam or something more recently drydocked than Nordam. I see she will not be drydocked until after next Alaska season. After 9 cruises we have started to check out the time lapse since last drydock as some can start to look quite worn and tired with linens and mattresses. Can anyone advise about current status of Nordam......and are we overlooking another fresher ship that will do these same itineraries to get in Denali, train to coast and southbound cruise. I think we must have waited too late to get in on 2019 Alaska season.....Thanks for any help

we have been to Alaska 3 times with various routes and itineraries.....usually plan well over year but just now trying to schedule something for 2019 summer

We have sailed Nordam in the past and it appears most of the 10 or 11 day land/tour southbound packages that we can find seem to be on Nordam. I had hoped for westerdam or something more recently drydocked than Nordam. I see she will not be drydocked until after next Alaska season. After 9 cruises we have started to check out the time lapse since last drydock as some can start to look quite worn and tired with linens and mattresses. Can anyone advise about current status of Nordam......and are we overlooking another fresher ship that will do these same itineraries to get in Denali, train to coast and southbound cruise. I think we must have waited too late to get in on 2019 Alaska season.....Thanks for any help

I am booked on the Westerdam Jun 2, 2019 northbound as part of my 11-day Alaska cruise/tour which means that Westerdam should be southbound from Seward on Jun 9th.

I was on the Westerdam April 2019 and really appreciated the drydock upgrades (except the redo of the Crows Nest).

Here is a link to my 4-day photo review of the Westerdam after her drydock:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-westerdam-2