Passport to Pearl Harbor

whitman

Can anyone explain the passport tour. Is it done at your leisure or is it a structured tour. Do you have the option of how long you spend at each location?

Do you receive the 4 tickets and just go off on your own and visit each site in random order?

• 4 years later...

We bought the passport tour through the website with the 11 AM time for the Arizona, which was the earliest time you can book online. We arrived at 9 AM and went to pick up our passes at the ticket window and there were 9:30 Arizona tickets available so we took them. We were told to be sure to keep our 11 AM ticket as they were our tickets to the other venues. You are totally on your own at each site, but there are tours offered at the Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum. I highly recommend the PAM...if you can get lucky and get a docent/tour guide, Laughlin Tanaka, he is by far one of the best guides I have had any where in the world....he made the planes and their stories come alive. We spent most of the day there and loved every minute...so much history. I hope you can plan a trip to the Hawaiian National Cemetery at the Punchbowl. A beautiful moving place....have fun we certainly did...

We bought the passport tour through the website with the 11 AM time for the Arizona, which was the earliest time you can book online. We arrived at 9 AM and went to pick up our passes at the ticket window and there were 9:30 Arizona tickets available so we took them. We were told to be sure to keep our 11 AM ticket as they were our tickets to the other venues. You are totally on your own at each site, but there are tours offered at the Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum. I highly recommend the PAM...if you can get lucky and get a docent/tour guide, Laughlin Tanaka, he is by far one of the best guides I have had any where in the world....he made the planes and their stories come alive. We spent most of the day there and loved every minute...so much history. I hope you can plan a trip to the Hawaiian National Cemetery at the Punchbowl. A beautiful moving place....have fun we certainly did...

Thanks! This is great info!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you my feedback. I've visited Pearl Harbor at 11/24; "Black Friday", so probably everybody was busy Shopping.

I've had almost the same experience; I booked online my Arizona for 2.45 pm, arrived at 7.45 am with no waiting line at all and could change my ticket for 9 am.

But you don't need to buy the Passport in advance; the reservation for the Arizona is enough to be sure to make it.