Busiest Job on Golden Princess

We spent 71 days on the Golden this year and found the ship to be in excellent condition and everything seemed to work well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is good to hear, I suppose it is all about someone's perspective and what they look for. No matter what you do or where you go, if you look for issues you are bound to find some.

I sailed on Golden when she arrived here, and really enjoyed the ship.

We were on Golden Princess for 31 days in March/April 2014. Buenos Aires to LA - Round the Horn. All fine on the ship, food, service, entertainment and ship in good condition. No complaints.:') But as has been said, if the ship is not maintained properly or has a few inefficient crew, or Princess drop the budget for food/entertainment, then people start to notice, particularly those who have cruised a few times.:halo:

Having been on several of the 'Grand Class' ships, i.e. Golden, Diamond, Emerald, Grand, Ruby and Crown, IMO Golden was as good as any of them, back in 2014 anyway.

If they haven't done any maintenance then in the three years since you sailed then it would be in terrible condition but I doubt that they have just let her get run down like that.

Some maintenance, but maybe not enough. But then the Aussies could be knocking her around a bit.:loudcry: Too many wheelchairs and zimmer frames smashing into the corridor walls.:eek: Too many party animals on board.:')

Some maintenance, but maybe not enough. But then the Aussies could be knocking her around a bit.:loudcry: Too many wheelchairs and zimmer frames smashing into the corridor walls.:eek: Too many party animals on board.:')

More of the first than the latter I would think.:cool:

Hey leave us wheelchair rolling walking frame shuffling people out of it.

Bit I could show you a Court room with a few scars because they didn’t leave enough room for a wheelchair to manoeuvre.

I actually quite liked the Golden Princess. Having spend 38 nights of my entire cruise history on that ship I know it fairly well. I first went on the ship in March 2014 to South America and was again on it just last year between Melbourne and Sydney.

All I can say is that all the times I was on it I found it to be in exceptional condition and my standards are fairly high. I was not disappointed in the ship at all and found it to be comfortable and spacious. I would choose Golden Princess any day above the Sun Princess and the Sea Princess which I think are just clinging to life and cannot wait to see them dispensary from our shores already.

Very surprised that Princess is sending this ship to P&O Australia. In fact when I look at South Pacific itineraries I try and filter out the ships because I think I do not want to have to sail on the Sun or Sea Princess.