Paris Private Car

Heartfelttraveler

I am looking for suggestions for a private limo to take us to the Eiffel Tower and then our hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where do you need the limo to pick you up? The airport? Post-cruise? If you could provide some additional details, it would enable us to provide you with an answer.

Robin

From the airport to the Eiffel Tower for some photos and then to Disney hotel Cheyenne.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Assuming you're arriving at CDG? It may be better to go directly to the hotel, drop your luggage, then take a train into Paris. If you're arriving early in the morning, it can be foggy/overcast, and the Eiffel Tower may not even be visible. In addition, traffic is horrific in the morning. The train system is easy/efficient and you could go at your leisure.

Where will your cruise be departing from? Many of the companies dock right in Paris, within sight (and a 20 minute walk) to the Eiffel Tower.

When we were in Paris in 2015, it was day 3 of our trip before the tower was even visible at the top.

Robin

Contact your hotel. They recommended a car service. I’m sure there are cheaper methods but when you are dealing with an overnight flight and then immigration, going by car service reduces stress

Oh, I absolutely agree with a car service. We used one when we did our Uniworld Paris/Normandy cruise. I'm trying to understand when/where the river cruise fits in. So far, all that has been mentioned is Disney. Is this a plan to go into the city just to see the Eiffel Tower, and then proceed to the hotel? It sounds like it. That makes for quite an excursion after an overnight flight, with no guarantee that the tower will even be visible at that time of day.

Robin

It is my daughter and her husband. They will first be in Northern Finland at the glass Igloos in Ivalo Finland. Then Paris Disney for three nights. Their flight into Paris arrives late in the afternoon from Ivalo through Helsinki.

From reading these boards, and planing a Rhine river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, I knew that many go to Paris for a day or two before or after their cruise and may have ideas for ground transportation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, I absolutely agree with a car service. We used one when we did our Uniworld Paris/Normandy cruise. I'm trying to understand when/where the river cruise fits in. So far, all that has been mentioned is Disney. Is this a plan to go into the city just to see the Eiffel Tower, and then proceed to the hotel? It sounds like it. That makes for quite an excursion after an overnight flight, with no guarantee that the tower will even be visible at that time of day.

Robin

We will be on the Uniworld Paris/Normandy cruise in Aug and we are coming in a few days early so could you tell me what car service you used? I have been looking for information on transportation from the airport to the hotel but there is not much information out there. We land in Paris at 6 am.

I am looking for suggestions for a private limo to take us to the Eiffel Tower and then our hotel.

Look at the Viator site- easy to book a private car through them. Or ask a travel agent to arrange a car through Travel Bound. I have had great luck with both companies.

We will be on the Uniworld Paris/Normandy cruise in Aug and we are coming in a few days early so could you tell me what car service you used? I have been looking for information on transportation from the airport to the hotel but there is not much information out there. We land in Paris at 6 am.

We booked a private car through SuperShuttle the last time. We are returning to Paris in March, and with my AAA discount, the rate is 60 euros to go directly to our hotel. The driver was waiting for us as soon as we cleared immigration/customs the last time.

The other option I am considering is blacklane. And, out of curiosity, I checked out Vlator, and they were more expensive than either of these options.

Robin