Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

We booked a private tour for 7 through Barcelona Day Tours to see the highlights of Barcelona on our recent cruise.

From our meeting at the ship to the end of our tour, we were treated as family by our guide, Danahe. She was so good to us.

As a bonus, we were assigned a mini bus, which allowed us all to travel in comfort throughout the city. Our driver knew just where to stop to allow us the perfect vantage point for the sights of the city.

Our tour took us all over the city. A highlight was definitely Parc Guell, where we were provided "skip the line" access and our guide gave us a very detailed visit in the monuments area. Gaudi's work is so beautiful.

We had prearranged our tour to end at La Sagrada Familia, and our guide took us right up to the door and through the "skip the line" entrance. Just prior to our visit she took us to a great little park to get beautiful pictures of Gaudi's masterpiece. Before we said goodbye to Danahe for the day, she took great care to explain to us what we would see inside the church, how we should spend our time, and how to exit the church in order to find a taxi for our own further explorations of Barcelona.

Everything about our tour was excellent and tailored to our interests. Danahe really took the time to get to know the members of our travelling group, two families, one from Canada and the other from the USA.

We would highly recommend Barcelona Day Tours for your adventures and tours of Barcelona. We could not be happier with our experience and our tour with Danahe. She is amazing.

We enjoyed a wonderful day with Nico from Barcelona Day Tours on our private tour adventure to Monserrat.

From our pickup at the port to delivery back to our ship, Nico tailored the entire day to our needs. He is so friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about ensuring his guests have a wonderful, educational time on his tours. He quickly adapted to our group of 6 adults and a teenager from Canada and the USA. His English was excellent and he is quite the conversationalist.

Monserrat is a destination not to be missed if you have the time to travel there from Barcelona. It was a great second day tour of Barcelona for our group during an overnight cruise stay. We had used Barcelona Day Tours for our city highlights tour and visits to Parc Guell, and La Sagrada Familia, on our visit as well.

Nico ensured that we got up to the mountain top in time to get to see the area that hosts the Black Virgin, which closes at 10:30 in preparation for Mass. After viewing the Virgin, we caught up with Nico at the area of the candles and were afforded some time to see the sanctuary before mass commenced at 11:00.

Towards the end of our visit, Nico outlined some choices for us. We could hike to a cross for a scenic look out, take the funicular up to the top of the mountain, have something to eat or shop. Our group split with some of us going up the funicular and others taking the hike. Nico followed us in the line for the funicular to ensure that we chose the right type of ticket, explained what time we should descent and he explained to us what we would see. I fully recommend the funicular ride to the top to look down at the monastery. Although the hike, the free option, got rave reviews, also.

After our side trips, we had enough time to visit the gift shop and explore the small market that was selling sheep and goat cheeses.

To show us more of the beautiful surrounding area, Nico took us back to Barcelona than the way we had come. He stopped at a beautiful scenic outlook and took pictures of our group and individual families.

From beginning to end, Nico treated us like family as he toured us around Monserrat. We would highly recommend him and Barcelona Day Tours to anyone that wants a great tour of Barcelona and the surrounding area.

I fully agree with your wonderful review. We too were fortunate to have Nico for 2 full days of pre cruise private tours for 4 adults. He showed up at our Hotel promptly in the morning and showed us the best of Barcelona, Montserrat, Girona & Costa Brava. If your time pre or post cruise allows you to stay in Barcelona to visit these beautiful locations.... Do It!!

Book with Barcelona Day Tours and ask for Nico. We were there May 2017 for 4 days pre-cruise and thoroughly enjoyed Nico and his time with us seeing his beautiful city and surrounding areas! Hope to return in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We used Barcelona Day Tours for our recent trip on Brilliance of the Seas for 2 of our tours. We did Barcelona and Montserrat one day and Girona and Costa Brava after our cruise. We had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend them. Our groups were a maximum of 12 people and our guides were professional and very friendly. It was a wonderful vacation and I would use them again.

Amy Tong

I used Barcelona Day Tours earlier this month........they are fantastic:D.......I just got back from my cruise (last night).

Marta was our guide and she is wonderful. I highly recommend them.:)

Hi everyone. All thumbs up for Barcelona Day Tours. I highly recommend this company to my family & friends.

Their outstanding services -- from first Tour inquiry to After Tour feedback are amazing with prompt responses. This is our first trip to Barcelona Spain (before the Mediterrian Cruise) -- Miguel provides detailed answers to lots of our questions & offer suggestions. And tour guide Joseph & driver are excellent. THANK YOU.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I recently use Barcelona Day Tour when we visited Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. First we had a private airport pickup. The driver was right where we were told he would be, helped us with our bags and delivered us promptly to the hotel.

We also arranged two private tours, and for both we had the same driver, Pavel, who is an excellent guide. The first tour was a four hour tour of the city. Pavel made sure we saw the main sites as we drove around the city. Included was a visit to Park Guell, with skip the line tickets. In our short tour we really got a "sense" of the city. Pavel then let us off new Sagrada Familia, where had purchased our own tickets, and recommended a couple of nearby restaurants for lunch.

The second day was just outstanding. We got an early start so we would get ahead of some of crowds at Monserrat. Again Pavel was most informative during our drive there, and then explained the best way to tour Monserrat, which we did on our own. This was then followed with drive to visit a Cava winery. This was a small winery but we were able to meet and share a few glasses of Cava with the owner, the farmer (as they called him, the person who grows the grapes) and the wine maker. This day was one of the best tour days we have had.

I highly recommend Barcelona Day Tours. The guides/drivers are excellent and will do whatever it takes to make your tour meet your needs.

We are scheduled for a 4 hour tour with Barcelona Day tours on Saturday November 4 before we board the Regent Seven Seas Explorer.

Thank you all for taking the time to post your positive reviews.

We are really looking forward to our tour and cruise.

Sharon

We just took 2 tours, yesterday and today, with Giuseppe from Barcelona Day Tours. Both tours were awesome! He was very knowledgeable, well spoken, and accommodating in all ways. We did Barcelona half day tour and Montserrat tour. Both tours were great. We got to see the city, while getting in and out easily in order to not be in the middle of the rally / protest yesterday. Montserrat is not to be missed! Just beautiful! We highly recommend this company and thank all for their precious reviews!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We used Barcelona Day Tours after our cruise last month. It was an 8 hour tour to Montserrat and Barcelona. What a great day! The tour guide was fantastic. They picked us up at the port right on time and at the end of the day dropped us at our hotel. A great company and I highly recommend them to anyone!

We (family group of 6 adults) used Barcelona Day Tours last month for a 1/2 day morning tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our guide was very informative. The company is very responsive and gave us pointers on getting on-line tickets to visit La Sagrada Familia in the afternoon and arranged the morning tour so we would end it at the church (others in our van returned to the ship). Our tour guide also provided a wonderful restaurant recommendation that turned out to be one of the highlights of our cruise. It was a wonderful day and we all want to return to Barcelona and, if we do, we would not hesitate to take another Barcelona Day Tours excursion.

I used Barcelona Day tours for a pre cruise Barcelona city highlights tour and it was awesome. They arranged taxi transportation for me to meet up with the rest of the group as I was staying on La Rambla and buses aren’t allowed to pick up there. Everything was well arranged and right on time.

The tour was fantastic taking us to Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, and then through the city for highlights of some famous buildings and squares and then through the area of the Barcelona Olympics.

I was dropped off at the ship with plenty of time to board. I highly recommend them very professional group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread.

We are on the Celebrity Eclipse next October and we are coming in a day early.

Do they have any tour that starts with being picked up at the airport?

I hope to hook up with others on our cruise roll call for a tour, but if I can't, is there a cost penalty for only having a two person tour?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We used Barcelona Day tours last April off the Epic. A Full day to see Highlights of Barcelona and we are using them again this year for the Full day Monserrat and wine tour. They picked us up at the dock and dropped us off at our hotel. Our suitcases were stored in the back of the van. They were friendly and informative.

We used them today. They are based put of the Netherlands and sub out their local work. We had a driver named paco. He took us to Andorra. Very good English. Picked us up right on time. We decided to cut things short and he did good and took us right to hotel. Since he got paid for 2 hours he didn't work by our choosing we thought he would feel that a nice tip. We could tell he wanted more so we tipped him some euros as well as 2 hours of paid time off. Outside of this the communication was good with this firm, their prices cheaper than others, and yes we would recommend them.

It’s entirely up to you. They have minimum numbers for small group tours but the cost is significantly less. Shouldn’t be a problem during peak seasons.

The tour descriptions are on their website. Private tours are entirely negotiable in content and duration. Ours will pick us up and also includes inside admission to Park Guell and Sagrada Familia whereas the standard 4 hours drives past the church but does not have time for inside access.

Anyone have more info on how a tour works AFTER cruise? I'm confused if the tours are small groups of people or private? I'm open to either, but not willing to pay tons more just for it to be a private tour. How long are the tours?

We have used BDT on two separate occasions while in Barcelona. Both were private tours. The first was a four hour city tour after the cruise, with four persons. Our luggage was held in the van. After the tour, the guide/driver took us to our hotel. Price was reasonable.

Second time we had six persons after a cruise and we arranged for transport from port to airport. A van picked us all up for a cost that was on par with a taxi for two persons.

If you like, you can recruit others on the roll call for your private tours.

• 2 weeks later...