Golden Princess 15 December 2017.

trishh

Trish,

Thanks for offering to answer queries.

Are there any / many padded chairs outside on the promenade deck, or is it just hard bench seats ?

Is the early happy hour working OK ?

Have you heard of much wait time for anytime dining around 6pm ?

Thanks.

If you wanted a table for two there was a short wait most days or they phoned the other restaurants to see if they had a table free. If you were willing to share you were seated most of the time without delay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the ship for 71 days earlier this year and found the ship in good working order. The staff were excellent

We were on Golden Princess for 31 days in March/April - 2014. Buenos Aires to San Pedro LA. Round the Horn. Ship was in good order, everything fine. 99% North Americans on board, mostly from LA.:halo:

Just to clarify, they are NOW in Port Arthur. Just had a text from the boy. I’m not sure why it was thought that they were there yesterday.

Yeh ,. I got them mixed up Golden is following Diamond it seems. Diamond is in Hobart today and Golden is in Port Arthur and heading to Hobart next.

Diamond appears to be at a different berth...perhaps leaving room for Golden ?

17_ho.jpg

Yeh ,. I got them mixed up Golden is following Diamond it seems. Diamond is in Hobart today and Golden is in Port Arthur and heading to Hobart next.

Diamond appears to be at a different berth...perhaps leaving room for Golden ?

17_ho.jpg

That would explain it, thanks for the correction David.

Quite OK I think, looking at wave charts, just a 3 metre swell running down there. That is why they stay on the eastern side of Tasweiga, western side gets real lumpy.

Port Arthur tomorrow.:halo:

I wish people would believe Uncle Les.:halo::')

No Now .. you just look after Golden Princess a we will board her on Thursday... any broken bits will be blamed on Mr GUT :evilsmile:

Its been a long time waiting but its very close now

Happy Christmas to you all

Regards

John

No Now .. you just look after Golden Princess a we will board her on Thursday... any broken bits will be blamed on Mr GUT :evilsmile:

Regards

John

Not me John the young fellow and his Mrs. I hope all goes well for your return to the seven seas.

Do not go dodging responsibility, you gave your daughter the cruise bug and and such put her on a path of lifelong addiction.;p

But this one is the son and his wife, (it’s their very first cruise) daughter doesn’t go to February it’ll be her third.

Regards

John

Enjoy the adventure John and Come Back New. Is it a Chrissie Cruise? I would like to do that.:halo: BUT 'She who shall be obeyed' refuses. Aaaaaaaaaaaargh !

But this one is the son and his wife, (it’s their very first cruise) daughter doesn’t go to February it’ll be her third.

Your son as well as your daughter, you have bred them up to be latent cruise addicts, you know it was only a matter of time before the cruise bug bit.:D

Trish,

Thanks for offering to answer queries.

Are there any / many padded chairs outside on the promenade deck, or is it just hard bench seats ?

Is the early happy hour working OK ?

Have you heard of much wait time for anytime dining around 6pm ?

Thanks.

In August and September this year there were only extremely hard bench seats on the promenade. No deck chairs at all much to our disappointment.

The ship was in an OK state, well our room was at least.

The main issue I noticed was that you did have to be careful where you sat at trivia in the Vista Lounge otherwise you could be dripped upon. :eek:

We sail in the Golden in April/May from Singapore to Anchorage. Would love your opinion on which specialty restaurants you prefer. Also, would appreciate any tips for quiet places on board! Enjoy!