How do you make videos?

goldne

Hi, just wondering what program/website most people use to create cruise videos?

Would love to make a nice looking video of our vacation that includes both still photos, video clips and music/narration...

Don't have a mac so iMovie is not an option..

Thanks in advance!

Using iPhone as my camera I use Pinnacle Studio to compose/edit on a PC

There are 3 versions .... as a beginner the basic version is MORE than enuf for your needs ... basic should run around $60 (but ensure you have enuf PC to run it .... more is better!)

you can built videos suitable for facebook, YouTube, save as MP or burn to a dvd (if you have a burner)

(it is easy to move pictures, video from a phone or modern digital camera to Studio. With additional devices you can also bring old VHS, Hi8 and the like into the product. I'm currently converting/editing a stack of old VHS home movies. I use this transfer device to convert the VHS to digital, then load the digital into Studio ....

https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Portable+Video+Recorder+and+Converter/203963?cm_mmc=Retargeting-_-Criteo-_-null-_-null#" )

MovieMaker is a windows program. Been around a long time. Runs on all the latest versions of windows, including Win10.

And it is free...just download it.

If you are running an older PC, it may already be installed.

The other suggested program is Photo Gallery, also free, from Microsoft, also runs on all the latest versions of windows.

It's a very open-ended question.

For quick youtube videos I use whatever I've got to hand - camera, phone, whatever.... and then just clip it to fit the time.

For a film I made about Christmas on a ship I took a good camcorder, shot a hell of a lot of video, and used Sony Vegas Pro to produce, edit and create the final DVD. Folks who saw and/or bought it enjoyed it... but the post production phase took about 40 hours, and when I watch it again it's possibly the best 40 hours I've ever spent on any project.

It's not just shooting the video or editing it; it's turning it into a story that others want to watch that's the challenge (and the fun)

The point is this : take photographs, shoot video, and then use whatever you are happy using to create your video. One warning: editing and producing a film can be highly addictive..... !

VP

Edited by Vampire Parrot

I have used 'free' windows movie maker, and after playing for a bit, upgraded my Studio license ......

Maybe it was because I'd used Studio previously but I found the windows 'free' product to be awkward and limited as compared to Studio .... IMO a 'free' or included product tends to be worth just about what you pay for it!

But note: there is a learning curve to any of these products as good editing of a video product as another has mentioned is not a QUICK thing .... it takes time ... lot's of time until you develop an 'eye'. dd has done this for $$ for some time and she can produce really good stuff in a fraction of my time - but she is also a Mac person and does this kind of stuff for a living. I'm at the point where my primary computer use is web and video editing and seriously considering a Mac for my next machine altho I've been a PC person since the original IBM-PC versus the Apple-II

Edited by Capt_BJ

Hi, just wondering what program/website most people use to create cruise videos?

Would love to make a nice looking video of our vacation that includes both still photos, video clips and music/narration...

Don't have a mac so iMovie is not an option..

Thanks in advance!

iMovie is an included app on the newer iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 for video editing, Adobe Photoshop CS6 for photo editing, and host on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/vacationimpossible

I tried Sony Vegas and Movie Maker in the past and found them counterintuitive and limited personally.

To record voiceover I use Audacity which is free :)

Edited by CoW mAn