carnival shares

can-berra

Hope this is ok to ask on this site. Has anyone bought carnival shares ,getting current bonus of on board credit for holding 100 shares? Is it easy to do for average person and can they be bought as part of an ISA? Many thanks

In the US, you can own the shares within a savings or retirement account as long as the shares are held directly in your name.

In other words, shares held within a mutual fund are not eligible. You may own shares in the mutual fund, and the mutual fund owns shares of CCL. So you would not own the shares directly and there would be no eligibility in that case.

Hope this is ok to ask on this site. Has anyone bought carnival shares ,getting current bonus of on board credit for holding 100 shares? Is it easy to do for average person and can they be bought as part of an ISA? Many thanks

I am not sure what an ISA is. I am guessing it is some type of a retirement fund. Anyway, as long as the account is in your name (individual or joint) you can get the credit every time you cruise on any of the Carnival Corp brands.

Yes, it's easy to get the OBC when you own 100 shares of CCL stock.

Some people use a formal request form, but I never have had to. I just make up a fax, consisting of a cover letter showing the cruise dates, the name of the ship, the booking number and my name, address, email address, and phone number. I make a copy of my most recent brokerage account statement (it needs to be current within the past few months) that shows my shares (but with my account number blocked out). I fax both of these items to the fax number for CCL Shareholder Service (1-661-753-0180) after my final payment is paid and documented on my booking info

The OBC usually shows up on the Princess site on my booking within a week or less. If I don't see it there after a week, I re-fax it.

Since you don't say where you reside, I would add that this is how it works for me in the US.

Some people use a formal request form, but I never have had to. I just make up a fax, consisting of a cover letter showing the cruise dates, the name of the ship, the booking number and my name, address, email address, and phone number. I make a copy of my most recent brokerage account statement (it needs to be current within the past few months) that shows my shares (but with my account number blocked out). I fax both of these items to the fax number for CCL Shareholder Service (1-661-753-0180) after my final payment is paid and documented on my booking info

The OBC usually shows up on the Princess site on my booking within a week or less. If I don't see it there after a week, I re-fax it.

Since you don't say where you reside, I would add that this is how it works for me in the US.

Same way we do here in the US. Worth the investment when you cruise often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do similar but write the info on the paper itself. After all is redacted but our name and Carnival stock, there’s lots of room on the page.

It's extremely easy to buy shares in the UK - all you need is an online stock broker.

https://www.money.co.uk/share-dealing.htm lists some online stock brokers, there are many others. Just google for them. Whichever you use, make sure they are a member of the London Stock Exchange and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

If you aren't planning on becoming an active stock trader then find an online stock broker that has no ongoing or transfer fees. That means once you've bought them it costs nothing to keep them. Banks typically charge an annual fee :mad: so I have *never* traded shares using a high street bank.

Carnival in the UK (which includes P&O and Cunard) are happy to accept a screenshot in an email showing your stock holdings. Very easy to do. See https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/shareholder_use

I've held Carnival shares for about ten years now; the onboard credit I've received has more than covered their cost - the dividends have been useful - and the shares have more than doubled in value :cool:

Yes, we hold Carnival shares which we use for P&O etc.... the amount varies according to the length of the cruise, but I think it's around £150 OBC for the month cruise we do, and less for others.

We ring our stockbroker once we've paid in full, and they alert P&O or whoever, at Carnival house, Southampton.

I bought my 100 shares by the method suggested on the P&O web site. A few weeks before the cruise I email a request for on board shareholder benefit including my shareholder reference number. They apply the benefit within a day or so. Easy !

The 100 shares cost me £2200 and a few weeks ago they were nearly £5,500 but now have dropped by about £700 :(

The share dividends and on board credit are not taxed so for me it was a great investment :D

Aussies can do it too. I've had mine a few years, nice capital gain too. If you buy through an Aussie broker, watch out for the annual custody fee which in our case (NABTrade) can be dodged buy buying 10 more one year and selling 10 the next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums