Hand held clothes steamer

Jeffrey1950

Can someone tell me their experience at bringing a steamer on board. I am sure I read somewhere a long time ago that these are not allowed and yet when I just called Cunard and enquired I was told it is okay as long as it is in your carry on bag. I know some people think it could be a fire hazard but meanwhile curling irons are allowed. I am not sure what to do....

I always bring the travel steamer. It really s safe then a curling iron.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Kerry, that is what I always thought. If you are allowed to bring curling irons then you should be allowed a steamer. That's it settled it is going with me. Do you pack it in your carry on or regular luggage?

Can someone tell me their experience at bringing a steamer on board. I am sure I read somewhere a long time ago that these are not allowed and yet when I just called Cunard and enquired I was told it is okay as long as it is in your carry on bag. I know some people think it could be a fire hazard but meanwhile curling irons are allowed. I am not sure what to do....

I take one with me . It is very good for steaming my husbands jackets and my long dresses. Very useful on a long voyage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I just arrived back yesterday after being on the Queen Mary 2 for 12 days had no issues at all bringing a steamer on board. Later today I am going to write more and give some advice on different issues that some may welcome. This ship is everything they say it is and for those sailing for their first time on her you will not be disappointed. She is magnificent !! She should be renamed " The Queen of the Oceans ".