Melbourne airport to cruise ship terminal cheapest way

I am flying in on the day of the cruise in March going to Singapore I only want a one way fare to cruise terminal. Does anyone know is there a shuttle bus that will drop you off at the port and about what price would it be. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think there is a shuttle that goes directly to the port, but you can get the skybus from the airport to the city at a cost of $19 per adult. It drops you off at Spencer Street train station and then you could either hop on a tram or catch a cab to the port. A cab would be no more than $15-20. A taxi from the airport to the city would cost you between $55-$65.

Trish

I don't think there is a shuttle that goes directly to the port, but you can get the skybus from the airport to the city at a cost of $19 per adult. It drops you off at Spencer Street train station and then you could either hop on a tram or catch a cab to the port. A cab would be no more than $15-20. A taxi from the airport to the city would cost you between $55-$65.

Trish

You can buy your skybus ticket on line, or at the airport. Then a tram would be the cheapest way.

You can buy your skybus ticket on line, or at the airport. Then a tram would be the cheapest way.

Uber operates out of Melbourne, give them a try. 4 of us going on Ovation in Feb priced all and sundry Uber won hands down.

MM's suggestion is great but a little slower.

In the last week with the 5 planned stations named after their locations, there have been questions asked about Southern Cross. Noting the actual southern cross is many light years away.

People are asking whether it should revert to Spencer Street.

Station McStationface did not get a guernsey.

In the last week with the 5 planned stations named after their locations, there have been questions asked about Southern Cross. Noting the actual southern cross is many light years away.

People are asking whether it should revert to Spencer Street.

Station McStationface did not get a guernsey.

Have never called it Southern Cross, another loony left decision ! Lugging suitcases onto Trams and having to buy a Myki Card on Cruise Day seems a little bit excessive.

Can I buy the tram ticket to the port on the team or where do I buy the team ticket. That’s for the information. I have looked at Melbourne transport but have not seen anywhere a price for a one way ticket and how I can buy the one way fare. Thank you

If you want the cheapest, take bus 901 from the airport to Broadmeadows station, then train to southern cross and tram to the ship.

Not recommended with luggage and it would take a couple of hours . You would have to purchase the myki $6 and the fare would be $4.10 if achieved withing the 2 hours. I do the suburban train/901 bus regularly but unless you know Melbourne I wouldn't advise it.

If you are eligible for the concession then you would pay $3 for the myki and $2.05 for the fare. Check out the link yatchet provided.

Can I buy the tram ticket to the port on the team or where do I buy the team ticket. That’s for the information. I have looked at Melbourne transport but have not seen anywhere a price for a one way ticket and how I can buy the one way fare. Thank you

No such thing as a 1way Ticket, you have to buy a Myki. You are flying into a city that is unfamiliar to you on Cruise day, so any delays in travel will upset any well laid plans. For a few $$ more and peace of mind Uber or a Cab direct to the dock.Melbourne transport is the worst in Australia. Have a good tripclear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

No such thing as a 1way Ticket, you have to buy a Myki. You are flying into a city that is unfamiliar to you on Cruise day, so any delays in travel will upset any well laid plans. For a few $$ more and peace of mind Uber or a Cab direct to the dock.Melbourne transport is the worst in Australia. Have a good tripclear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

I think Canberra's public transport could give it a run for worst.

I am in the taxi camp. Approximately $60 from the airport to Port Melbourne.

Uber has restrictions at the airport, but you can pre-book Uber-X. Price lotto with Uber and time of day.

There are pre-bookings available for taxis, hire car services etc.

https://www.melbourneairport.com.au/Passengers/To-from-the-airport/Taxis-hire-cars