Changes to Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Loyalty Scheme

Important Information: Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Loyalty Scheme

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises.

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Details regarding the update can be found below:

1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.

Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincir...pBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.

4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Yours faithfully,

Princess Cruises

Haven't got that one yet, but it is a logical business decision. Thanks for posting that Mic, as we approach the 20+ club we're looking forward to the "secret" extras we apparently receive!

This has been the talk on Facebook over the last 24hrs that Princess Cruises will be changing there Captain’s Circle Loyalty Scheme.

If you have never done a Princess Cruise before and have just done P&O (UK and / or AU), after the Wednesday 13 December 2017 these P&O cruises will not count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership.

Here is a copy of the e-mail that is going out:

Important Information: Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Loyalty Scheme

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises.

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Details regarding the update can be found below:

1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership.

2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership.

3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.

Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.

4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Yours faithfully,

Princess Cruises

Fair enough, i.e. some Pom does 150 days or 15 cruises with P&O UK, then decides to go on a Princess Cruise, he/she is Elite from Day 1.

Is that fair to those who get their days exclusively on Princess sailings? :cool:

I have a mixture of both of the above but 75% of them Princess sailings.:halo:

So with no more P&O UK cruises on out horizon, our P&O UK sailings stay on our Princess Captains Circle a/c.

Princess is still recognizing prior P&O cruises The heading is incorrect. Previous cruises with P&O will still be counted, not any cruise booked after 13 Dec 2017.

Prior cruises still count. "Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership"

1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership.

does this mean booked and paid for or just booked i have a p&0 one in march and final payment is dec 15th.

does this mean booked and paid for or just booked i have a p&0 one in march and final payment is dec 15th.

I see it as if it is booked now, then it will count, otherwise they would have said paid for or sailed by.

Fair enough, i.e. some Pom does 150 days or 15 cruises with P&O UK, then decides to go on a Princess Cruise, he/she is Elite from Day 1.

Is that fair to those who get their days exclusively on Princess sailings? :cool:

I have a mixture of both of the above but 75% of them Princess sailings.:halo:

So with no more P&O UK cruises on out horizon, our P&O UK sailings stay on our Princess Captains Circle a/c.

This was flagged some time ago and people were speculating whether it was this or whether it was just in regards to the 'Most cruised' event. Now we know it will be both.

I have two non-Princess cruises booked in, one with P&O Australia and the other with P&O UK. These cruises would get me to Elite, however if they do not recognise these despite being booked in and paid for, then I will only be slightly disappointed as Rosie is already Elite anyway.

We depart on our first Princess cruise on 15 December on Golden Princess. It will be interesting to see if we drop back to new cruiser status from platinum (me) and ruby (hubby and kids). I've printed out my preferred boarding pass already just in case :D

Good luck but I am sure you will be fine as you were booked prior to 12 December 2017.

they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

How does this work?? Princess is part of P&O the parent company!

I have never cruised Princess but have documented status from Princess for my P&O cruises. I dont think Princess can just dis honor a status achieved and documented? surly the status achieved must remain ?

How does this work?? Princess is part of P&O the parent company!

I have never cruised Princess but have documented status from Princess for my P&O cruises. I dont think Princess can just dis honor a status achieved and documented? surly the status achieved must remain ?

Princess is not part of P&O. Both Princess and P&O are subsidiaries of Carnival Corporation but operate independently of each other. Carnival Corporation is also the parent company of a number of other cruise lines including Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America, Seabourne, Costa, Aida.

If you have documented status from previous P&O cruises you will retain that but if you book a new cruise from 13th December onwards it won't count towards your Princess status.

They have said that is what is happening, and that they aren't dishonouring status.

3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.

I sailed P&O Aus before Princess though some years ago, and I did not get Princess status until after I sailed my first cruise. I didn't have Princess status beforehand.

Princess is still recognizing prior P&O cruises The heading is incorrect. Previous cruises with P&O will still be counted, not any cruise booked after 13 Dec 2017.

I said:

" Princess are NO longer recognising past P&O cruises for new Princess passengers" :)

They have said that is what is happening, and that they aren't dishonouring status.

I sailed P&O Aus before Princess though some years ago, and I did not get Princess status until after I sailed my first cruise. I didn't have Princess status beforehand.

That was the case for us as well, we were very surprised when we first cruised Princess and was greeted with a 'Welcome back to princess' letter.

For anyone who hasn't booked with Princess by the set date, their P&O cruises will no longer count as cruise credits.

4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017

Prior cruises still count. "Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain’s Circle Membership"

YOU ARE CORRECT !!:hearteyes:

I have two non-Princess cruises booked in, one with P&O Australia and the other with P&O UK. These cruises would get me to Elite, however if they do not recognise these despite being booked in and paid for, then I will only be slightly disappointed as Rosie is already Elite anyway.

So I trust your Rosie allows you some space in her complimentary laundry bag and also allows you to partake in the mini bar, Mic? :')

Rumours abound in the cruise world that not only P&O UK days but that P&O Australia days are no longer accredited on Princess from 13 December. :rolleyes:

Read latest stuff on 'FaceAche.'

I've just read the announcement made by Laura S (Snr Manager of Cruise Critic) at the top of the Princess Board entitled "Princess Cruises Ends Shared Loyalty Program with P&O".

The last sentence says "This policy change does not apply to P&O Cruises or Princess Cruises In Australia".

What does that mean??????

Maybe, us Aussie cruisers booking and taking P&O cruises from Australia won't be affected..

My guess is maybe it would be better to wait for the info to come form the horses mouth so to say? For some reason I find news from Facebook to be as reliable as clothesline gossip or tweets from Donald Trump. At present the Captain circle terms and conditions reflect no change, until they publish a change you would be right in taking they hadn't changed.

I've just read the announcement made by Laura S (Snr Manager of Cruise Critic) at the top of the Princess Board entitled "Princess Cruises Ends Shared Loyalty Program with P&O".

The last sentence says "This policy change does not apply to P&O Cruises or Princess Cruises In Australia".

What does that mean??????

Maybe, us Aussie cruisers booking and taking P&O cruises from Australia won't be affected..

In the main text it says that P&O UK and Cunard ended their reciprocal loyalty years ago, but Princess didnt, so now Princess have decided to do the same.

It doesnt state P&O Aus at all......it seems that perhaps only those in the UK have recieved emails.

I have cruised P&OUK, P&O Aus and Princess and have not received any emails re the change.