Most Memorable Excursion in Southern Caribbean

taylortime05

We've done Cosol and Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia and snorkeled both times at Sugar/Jalousie Beach. The snorkeling isn't awesome but if you're in the roped in area (the Marine Reserve) there should be things to see. I was in water maybe mid-shin deep and I saw a beautiful juvenile French Angelfish. There were also trumpetfish, filefish, butterflyfish, parrotfish, feather duster worms and the standard other Caribbean fish. The trick is to take your time and float - you'd be surprised by what you might see! It's been a while now but Cosol offered a great land and beach tour that got us to the popular places.

We did Woodwind this past April and it was from a Catamaran. We're going with them again in February. They offered prescription goggles to those that needed them and pool noodles if you wanted one. A great lunch too!

Tracey

My experiences. Whatever you do sure you will have a great cruise!

Antigua - Catamaran with Lobster Lunch, a ship excursion was great. Did for the 2nd time a few weeks ago. The one where they grill the lobster on the boat.

Barbados - Calabaza is the best excursion I have done in the Caribbean and I’ve done a few. ENJOY!

St Lucia - Did Spencer Ambrose. Was okay. I’ll do something else next time for sure. (A rare opinion I believe)

Bonaire - Bonaire Cruisers rents golf carts and does an off road tour. We did golf cart and agree with previous poster, go to Jibe City. Golf cart on your own was wonderful. Planning the off road for 2019 cruise.

Happy sailing!

We loved Stingray City in Antigua, we used Gordon's Tours and also went to Devil's Bridge and spent a couple hours at Long Bay beach. Great day.

In St Lucia we loved our tour with Cosol but, since his death, I haven't followed the recent reviews. This year we did a catamaran tour to Canneries, for a zipline and lunch, then a short snorkeling stop on the way back with a brief run through Marigot Bay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How about recommendations for excursions for a late November Windstar cruise visiting the following ports:

San Juan; Gustavia St Barths; Little Bay Montserrat; Phillipsburg St Maarten; Jost Van Dyke, BVI; Virgin Gorda Prickly Pear Beach BVI; Les Saintes, Guadeloupe; Bequia, St Vincent; St George's Grenada; Pigeon Island, St Lucia.

Are the excursions sold by Windstar fairly priced compared to private ones that are available?

How about recommendations for excursions for a late November Windstar cruise visiting the following ports:

San Juan; Gustavia St Barths; Little Bay Montserrat; Phillipsburg St Maarten; Jost Van Dyke, BVI; Virgin Gorda Prickly Pear Beach BVI; Les Saintes, Guadeloupe; Bequia, St Vincent; St George's Grenada; Pigeon Island, St Lucia.

Are the excursions sold by Windstar fairly priced compared to private ones that are available?

Maybe ask on the Windstar board

Thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions. I am undecided on Bonaire. We are only in port from 7 - 3. I am debating between Woodwind snorkeling and Golf Carts. I did a poll on a Celebrity facebook site and right now the poll winner is the snorkeling. Also, don't have anything picked for CURACAO.

Hi - We are on Celebrity Reflection for 14 Night Southern Caribbean cruise in Dec. I am working on selecting my excursions. I am reviewing all the individual port sections too.

But please tell me about a special excursion you took. It can be for any Caribbean island, even if not listed below. I will keep it for future reference.

So far we have 3 private excursions booked - Calabaza at Barbados, Woodwind in Bonaire and the Trikes in Aruba. Also considering Passions on the Beach sunset dinner on Aruba.

7 -Dec Fort Lauderdale

8 -At Sea

9 - At Sea

10-Dec ST. JOHNS, ANTIGUA 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

11-Dec BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12-Dec CASTRIES, ST. LUCIA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

13-Dec ST. GEORGE'S, GRENADA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

14-Dec AT SEA

15-Dec ORANJESTAD, ARUBA 8:00 AM

16-Dec ORANJESTAD, ARUBA 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

17-Dec WILLEMSTAD, CURACAO 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

18-Dec KRALENDIJK, BONAIRE 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

19-Dec AT SEA 20-Dec AT SEA

21-Dec FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

For Curacao, contact Mark Brown at Twin Divers,,, http://www.twin-divers.com/eng/... and arrange for him to take you snorkeling with the turtles at Playa Grandi and then beach time at Playa Kenepa Chiki...you will NOT be sorry! Keep leaving him a voice mail. He is a great diver, a great guide and a great guy, but he doesn't always get back to you right away. I have known him and dived with him for years and consider him a friend and he rarely gets back to me right away..or even after 4 or 5 calls. Tell him JIM sent you! He will pick you up at the pier and bring you back to the ship.

Here is a link to our video of snorkeling with the turtles in May 2018 with him.

There are ALWAYS literally dozens of turtles there.

Thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions. I am undecided on Bonaire. We are only in port from 7 - 3. I am debating between Woodwind snorkeling and Golf Carts. I did a poll on a Celebrity facebook site and right now the poll winner is the snorkeling. Also, don't have anything picked for CURACAO.

We've been to Bonaire twice and both times we just turned right off the ship, came to some kind of a resort, had a snack and pop at a seaside restaurant and then I snorkeled right from the shore there. There is a jetty or dock that has some quite good snorkeling considering you just walk into the water and start. When we walked the other direction we also say various people snorkeling right off shore.

Next time I swear we will do something else! But, have enjoyed the casual, easy and cheap snorkel both times.

Just got back from Bonaire. We did a tour of the north side in a twizy. Very fun electric car. They go much faster than the golf carts and on the north side a good portion of the trip is a one way road so it is like screaming around on a go cart track. It is a guided tour, only 5 twizys. Seats 2 comfortably. Look up Bonaire roadrunners. Alternative to golf carts. Sometimes he will do south side so ask Hans which tour he is doing that day. $110 cash. Ended up at spice beach.

I was going to recommend the Trikes in Aruba but looks like you have that covered

Also another vote for an island tour with Royston in St Kitts. We usually aren't huge island tour folks but Royston was great and loves his island. He is a bit of a dare devil as well.

We've done Royston and it was amazing. My favorite part was where he took us to see where the Atlantic Ocean met the Caribbean Sea with the black rock formations. It was so amazing to see one side with waves and then the calmer Caribbean sea just to the left. I highly recommend this one as well!