Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

It will be somewhat in the shade as it is deep within the rear recess and will have a limited field of view.

if you want to stick with bella I would try for any balcony cabin on deck 8 on the rear hump (except the two rear most side-facing balconies as they have metal balcony barriers.)

all other deck 8 cabins either have metal balconies or views of the top of a lifeboat

Hope this helps

thank you very much Skier, I have asked my TA about moving but have been told this is not possible as we originally booked a guarantee cabin. Will see what happens, will try again closer to cruise time (late November).

Also, how do you know if your cabin has a sofa, or the smaller seat, or neither as I have seen in various videos and photos? Some of the balcony cabins look tiny.

kind regards

If they look tiny, they are, as are the insides opposite them. They are the ones without any seating but the chair at the desk. The ones with easy chair only, no couch are those with a tub/shower instead of just shower. Most of those are on deck 8, some are on 9. EM

If they look tiny, they are, as are the insides opposite them. They are the ones without any seating but the chair at the desk. The ones with easy chair only, no couch are those with a tub/shower instead of just shower. Most of those are on deck 8, some are on 9. EM

Thanks EM , do you mean on the deck plans? Is it just me - I can’t tell the difference, what do you think 9220 is?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

There is a video of 9221 on youtube/cruisedeckplans.com and it has a tub and narrower balcony. Your cabin is not on the list of those with tubs, but it appears the balcony will be narrower, as it appears on the deck plans. EM

thanks EM,

yes I just had another look and it appears ours looks longer than opposite the inside cabins - so although it has the disadvantage of the shady balcony that skier pointed out it should be a larger and more comfortable room?

Will view be obstructed my TA wasn’t able to confirm 100%? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No it is not obstructed

Even looking down there shouldn't be a view of the top of a life boat.

I've marked your porthole for you.as you can see the lifeboats are tucked under deck 8 at this point on the ship

divina%20%20c_1.jpg

Pete

No it is not obstructed

Even looking down there shouldn't be a view of the top of a life boat.

I've marked your porthole for you.as you can see the lifeboats are tucked under deck 8 at this point on the ship

divina%20%20c_1.jpg

Pete

Thank you for clarifying.

Hello Skier,

I recently cruised in YC Deluxe Suite on Seaview and have booked YC Deluxe Suite on Bellissima in 2019. While researching YC cabins on Meraviglia (sister ship of Bellissima) I noticed some differences in layout and size (?) between YC cabins on Seaview and Meraviglia/Bellissima. No divider shelf on Meraviglia, bathrooms seems smaller, less storage (?). Do you know the sizes of Seaview and Meraviglia TC cabins ? I try to find out if the YC cabins on Meraviglia/Bellissima are significant smaller or have less storage space. Thank you, SirWolf

Hello Skier,

I recently cruised in YC Deluxe Suite on Seaview and have booked YC Deluxe Suite on Bellissima in 2019. While researching YC cabins on Meraviglia (sister ship of Bellissima) I noticed some differences in layout and size (?) between YC cabins on Seaview and Meraviglia/Bellissima. No divide shelf on Meraviglia, bathrooms seems smaller, less storage (?). Do you know the sizes of Seaview and Meraviglia TC cabins ? I try to find out if the YC cabins on Meraviglia/Bellissima are significant smaller or have less storage space. Thank you, SirWolf

In fact the YC cabins on Meraviglia are larger than the YC cabins on Seaview

The YC cabins on Meraviglia are 267 sq. ft. living area and the bathroom is 39.8 sq. ft. total area 306.8 sq. ft.

Meraviglia cabin

meraviglis%20yc.jpg

on Seaview the YC cabins the living area is 229 sq. ft. and the bathroom 39.8 sq. ft. total area 268.8 sq. ft.

Seaview cabin

seavew%20yc.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi, another cabin query for you please.

I recently saw a Youtube vlog where the 2 "gals" were in an Aft balcony cabin, but up on deck 13- it had a tiny balcony, not big enough to fit a chair on other than sideways! It was also right underneath the buffet dining area & they reported lots of scraping noises, often even quite late at night. They still enjoyed the view of the wake, mainly standing & looking through the open sliding doors of their cabin, but I would have been disappointed about not being able to sit out properly on the chairs facing the sea,

We are on Davina soon in an aft balcony cabin but on deck 12..12260.

Would you have any info on this please. Thanks (Jane)

Hi, another cabin query for you please.

I recently saw a Youtube vlog where the 2 "gals" were in an Aft balcony cabin, but up on deck 13- it had a tiny balcony, not big enough to fit a chair on other than sideways! It was also right underneath the buffet dining area & they reported lots of scraping noises, often even quite late at night. They still enjoyed the view of the wake, mainly standing & looking through the open sliding doors of their cabin, but I would have been disappointed about not being able to sit out properly on the chairs facing the sea,

We are on Davina soon in an aft balcony cabin but on deck 12..12260.

Would you have any info on this please. Thanks (Jane)

The aft facing balconies on deck 13 have Juliet balconies and were originally called ocean view cabins not balcony cabins, this what the balcony looks like

Deck13_aft.jpg

AS for 12260 it is a standard size cabin 192 sq ft ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom)

but it has a slightly bigger than normal balcony 55 sq ft as against a normal size of 42 sq ft

enjoy your cabin and have a great cruise

Pete

The aft facing balconies on deck 13 have Juliet balconies and were originally called ocean view cabins not balcony cabins, this what the balcony looks like

Deck13_aft.jpg

AS for 12260 it is a standard size cabin 192 sq ft ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom)

but it has a slightly bigger than normal balcony 55 sq ft as against a normal size of 42 sq ft

enjoy your cabin and have a great cruise

Pete

Thanks Pete-looking forward to it! I would be disappointed if we had an aft balcony on deck 13 tho- hopefully folk know that its a Juliet type before they book. Presume its cheaper, or Bella category?

We booked one of these cabins for our Xmas Divina cruise because it came with a drink package and free wifi, having sailed Divina before on Deck 10 Aft we knew all about these cabins.

Since we booked we have moved to an Aurea cabin.

Hi We are new to MSC and have booked two cruises. The first is on Seaview Cabins 12135 & 12131 and the second is on Preziosa cabins 11041 & 11037. Could you please tell me if we will have a clear view from our balconies and will we be able to request that the partition between the balconies as on RCL?Celebrity. Thanks for your help.

Hi We are new to MSC and have booked two cruises. The first is on Seaview Cabins 12135 & 12131 and the second is on Preziosa cabins 11041 & 11037. Could you please tell me if we will have a clear view from our balconies and will we be able to request that the partition between the balconies as on RCL?Celebrity. Thanks for your help.

the Seaview cabins will have uninterrupted views in all directions.

the Preziosa cabins will also have uninterrupted views in all directions.

It is possible to have a section of the partition ( ~ 1/3) between cabins folded back so that the two balconies have mutual access .

you can see the part that can be folded back (the outer section) in this image

Deck8%20aft_.jpg

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hi Pete

I have in my head that YC cabins (except the 'square' cabins) on the Fantasia class are all the same size as standard B2/B3 cabins.

Can you confirm? I'm in 16027 on Preziosa. The newer YC cabins look massive on Meravaglia etc. in photographs- but I understand that's down to them being 'shorter' and 'fatter' as opposed to being 'long and narrow' - although I note your post above confirming a higher sqf for Meravaglia YC cabins.

Was on Orchestra in February in an Aurea suite (understand 229 sqft + 40 sqft balcony - from a well known deckplan website - but I don't trust the range it's giving for a Fantasia style YC cabin ( 316 sqf + 61 sqf balcony) - hence thought I'd ask a true expert (you!). 🙂

Thanks

Edited by Captain-John

We're looking at a sailing on Preziosa, the only Aurea balcony cabins currently offered are 13049/5251/54. Would anyone have details or pictures of the cabins or balcony? I understand that as they are under the overhang there is less natural light in the cabin and your views are restricted. I like the idea of a larger balcony and don't mind shade but there's little point having a large balcony if there's no view to appreciate.

Also, would you experience much noise from the lifts etc? We've only ever stayed in the forward Aurea cabins, where it's very quiet.