Speciality dining at 30% discount

plumduff68

We are travelling on the Eclipse in Nobember.

I have just logged on to our cruise personaliser and they are offering a 30% discount on dining at Murano and Tuscan grill for our first night.

Which one would you pick?

Is this worth it?

We were thinking of treating ourselves to one of the speciality restaurants just not on the first night!

Thanks

Murano.with no hesitation.

Tuscan can be hit or miss in our experience.

Sometimes, the offers onboard for the first night can exceed 30% in our experience.

If you are going to do multible nights in specialty restaurants, take a look at the multi night dining packages; pretty good deal.

Just home from Solstice. We only ate at Tuscan and it was outstanding. We had heard so many bad reports lately of this restaurant, we were not expecting it to be so good. The steaks were both so tender and done to our liking. Service was great.

The first night on our cruise was sold out for all Sp restaurants when we tried to book about 5PM. to take advantage of the 30% off. Next night, they gave us Tuscan for $32. I also heard offers being given several times for Silk Harvest.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have just logged on to our cruise personaliser and they are offering a 30% discount on dining at Murano and Tuscan grill for our first night.

Is this worth it?

We were thinking of treating ourselves to one of the speciality restaurants just not on the first night!

Thanks

No question...Murano. Traditionally, the first night in the specialty restaurants have been quiet, but lately, the higher discount offerings have resulted in busier times. If you accept this offer, you should prepare yourself for a potentially busier evening, no matter which option you choose.

Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just something to consider about Tuscan: sitting at a table for 2 by the window with that incredible view--a great way to start your vacation! We enjoy both restaurants. Murano would get our vote for best dining experience, but I still might choose Tuscan for that great first night on the ocean vibe, especially if you're there early enough for sunset.

Don't be surprised upon embarkation to get a 30% offer at the specialty restaurants for sailaway. Such discounts are quite common for first night. If there is no great uptake on specialty bookings on day one then also expect specials to be on offer throughout the cruise as well. An indication of demand is generally gauged whether or not specialty restaurant staff are lingering out by the entrance to the buffet at breakfast. If they aren't there the restaurant is full that night , if they are there a deal is there to be done

We are just off an Equinox cruise, having eaten twice in Tuscan and five times in Murano. Both were excellent but that doesn't mean it would be the same on a different ship. We have magnificent filets in Tuscan but several of the pasta dishes lacked taste. To be safe, for one night I'd stick with Murano, but do try Tuscan if a deal is available during your cruise.

A little hint on seating in Tuscan: people want a table for two at the window which is fine, but the straight on view of the ocean is best from a table for four set up for two, Also, you won't have people looking at you to see the sea which you will have at the window seats. And once the sun sets, it makes little difference where you sit.

Is this worth it?

Thanks

We are going on infinity in November. I went to my cruise planner and they aren't offering any discounts:loudcry: ....did you get an email? or did you just get on to check it out and see that the 30% discount offer was there? was it for just the first night or the entire cruise? I keep checking but no such offers on my planner:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

We are going on infinity in November. I went to my cruise planner and they aren't offering any discounts:loudcry: ....did you get an email? or did you just get on to check it out and see that the 30% discount offer was there? was it for just he first night or the entire cruise? I keep checking but no such offers on my planner:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

Hi

I just popped onto the Cruise planner and there it was.

They also offered a 20% discount on various excursions for a 5 day period - no email for that either AND we had just booked ours the previous day. It was only by chance that I went back on to check something and saw the discounts :rolleyes:.

Luckily I managed to change our bookings to get the reduced prices but it was annoying that I had come by them just by chance :(

but I still might choose Tuscan for that great first night on the ocean vibe, especially if you're there early enough for sunset.

I doubt you will see the sunset in November, the clocks will have gone back and I don’t think the resteraunts will have opened so early!

We are going on infinity in November. I went to my cruise planner and they aren't offering any discounts:loudcry: ....did you get an email? or did you just get on to check it out and see that the 30% discount offer was there? was it for just the first night or the entire cruise? I keep checking but no such offers on my planner:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

I'm on Infinity next month and I have a 30% discount for the first night. Look for Tuscan Grill in the dining menu. I had 2 entries. One was for the first night of the cruise at 30% off. The other was for regular price the rest of the cruise. I did not book it. I figure with a 15 night cruise there will be ample opportunities for discounts.

No similar offer for LPC/Qsine (just as well since I have no interest in eating there).

Is this worth it?

Thanks

Murano definitely. We are doing that on the Solstice in November on our b2b Australia/NZ 2018 trip. A special treat.

Murano for sure. It's pretty easy to get a 30% or higher discount for any specialty on most evenings simply by asking at the Kiosk outside the buffet. We always ask and are rarely denied a discount. Our last cruise we got 35% off Murano twice and 40% off Tuscan one night.

I'm on Infinity next month and I have a 30% discount for the first night. Look for Tuscan Grill in the dining menu. I had 2 entries. One was for the first night of the cruise at 30% off. The other was for regular price the rest of the cruise. I did not book it. I figure with a 15 night cruise there will be ample opportunities for discounts.

No similar offer for LPC/Qsine (just as well since I have no interest in eating there).

Nope...just checked my planner for both restaurants on the first night and no discounts....guess I will just keep checking...morning afternoon and evening everyday...and hopefully I will get lucky.