Is MSC Poesia really that bad :)

pompey_numnutz

It has been a few years since we were on the ship and it was great, our sailing was a Transatlantic so the client base would have been quite different from the week to week cruises.

Remember also that there are people who may have travelled with other cruise lines and are not able to get to grips with how MSC do things.

There is a review of ours on the ship in the CC reviews.

Edited by sidari

to be honest it seems it is a very love - hate it either got bad reviews or great ones not many in between

Not that my wife and I will let them ruin our holiday can't wait :)

That's the spirit! I remember the first time I booked an MSC cruise and then began reading the reviews. :eek: I thought I'd made a huge mistake - quite the contrary! :D

I've 11 MSC done now with 4 more booked. I think that speaks for itself! I did stray to Celebrity for 1 - the one and only! It's MSC all the way for me and DH!

Edited by Beamafar

Hi Bea. Where are you sailing next? As you can see, I have developed a problem, Booking Cruises! Ken

Hi Ken ................. the itch that must be scratched, eh? :D

We're doing Sinfonia a month before you! Then again, the week after you disembark, we're sailing her down to Durban :cool:

I see you're doing the Fantasia from Dubai - I'd love to do that itinerary. I missed out on a fabulous 14 night offer by ONE WEEK! The price had been amazing and, when I received a voucher for 30% off a cruise while on Magnifica in April, I tried to book it onboard but the system was down. I rang my TA from the ship and she couldn't access it, either. Seems MSC had closed the sailings down while they were re-configuring the prices :mad: Ah well, you win some, you lose some. So I booked balcony guarantee for the upcoming August 27 Sinfonia instead for our anniversary with 30% + 5% discount and I've been upgraded to Aurea Suite - so "Happy Days" :)

That's the spirit! I remember the first time I booked an MSC cruise and then began reading the reviews. :eek: I thought I'd made a huge mistake - quite the contrary! :D

I've 11 MSC done now with 4 more booked. I think that speaks for itself! I did stray to Celebrity for 1 - the one and only! It's MSC all the way for me and DH!

I am glad I am not the only one who did not like Celebrity that much and did not found it any more luxury or upscale than other cruise lines. :o

My first cruise was on Costa and reviews been so terrible I was afraid to go LOL It's steel out best cruise ever . My second cruise was on NCL and reviews been great but we found it terrible and will never cruise with them again. :p:p

Hi Ken ................. the itch that must be scratched, eh? :D

We're doing Sinfonia a month before you! Then again, the week after you disembark, we're sailing her down to Durban :cool:

I see you're doing the Fantasia from Dubai - I'd love to do that itinerary. I missed out on a fabulous 14 night offer by ONE WEEK!

That's great Bea. Shame about that hot deal. Maybe you'll come back and post your experiences on Sinfonia here. Are there any incentives for booking a future cruise while onboard? Ken

Are there any incentives for booking a future cruise while onboard? Ken

I can't answer that one, sorry. I was so focussed on trying to apply my newly acquired 30% discount voucher off an already heavily discounted price that I didn't even consider any other 'offerings' :o The only thing I learned is that the Clubcard rep accesses the customer's country website (or MSC's version of such) when quoting prices. Wouldn't it be interesting to befriend someone from another country and run the same itinerary past the rep to compare prices? Anyway, I'll look into it a bit more and report back!

Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread.

• 5 weeks later...
Poesia is my favorite ship ,I love her much more then Divina. What is so terrible you reading about? No free water in DR?

Sailed on a number of msc cruise including several on Poesia & liked everyone excrpt have mixed feelings about Divina, In a regular balcony at first the dhip is magnificent, but as we sailed it was overcrowded in main areas, too many children even in the adult pool , the d/r tables are very close, even though mre luxurious the smaller ships were more enjoyable. I know sail in y/c on Divina love it.

Am booked on my first MSC cruise in November on Poesia for a transatlantic and can't wait. Sorry to go off topic but since there are so many Poesia fans here :D

Trying to work out what beers are included on the more for less escape pass. I know the asterisks mean they won't be included but have seen lots of difference pictures for what ones get the asterisks! For example the 2 photos below that others have posted where nothing but draft Heineken would be included and another where lots of bottled beers would be. Any ideas?

Denise

1929572206_Beereuro.jpg.33fd03229d2bc1e78e0a9bf4c2e14d12.jpg

780895933_Beersindolars.jpg.fa2b34c811f73d1a14cfa79d2a09ddec.jpg

Hi. I think that we are on the same cruise as you and I don't think this drinks package is available on European/Transatlantic cruises. When you look on your Personaliser you will be offered the chance to buy some packages so you will see if it is offered there. If not, you may be able to buy drink vouchers on board which may include the drinks you want. We and our travelling companions have pre-purchased the Allegrissimo drinks package and, from memory, the package draft beer is Heineken with no other canned or bottled beer in the package, however it is a great package and excellent value!

Roll on November! Good luck.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Definitely roll on November!

Yes, when I log into my booking I can see the various packages on offer and also the More for less escape vouchers which are cheaper to buy now rather than on board. However I'm mystified by the difference in asterisks on people's menu pictures!

The description on my booking for the vouchers says draft and bottled beers, but I realise that could easily be wrong. It's a shame if it is only draft Heineken as then the vouchers won't be worth having. Just have to buy more cocktail vouchers instead....

Denise