Oosterdam aft-wrap cabins

DaveOKC

We are considering an aft-wrap Neptune cabin on our next cruise and have a choice between 6166 or 4180. We like having more shade. Ship - Oosterdam.

Which one of these would you chose and why?

Thanks

Edited by DaveOKC

We are considering an aft-wrap Neptune cabin on our next cruise and have a choice between 6166 or 4180. We like having more shade. Ship - Oosterdam.

Thanks

4180 although it's a longer walk to the lounge.

BTW, I thought 4180 was an SC??

I'm guessing the 5xxx SB's aren't an option???

A lot of your shade will depend on time of day and the direction the ship's heading. We've been in both corners on deck 5 (really huge verandas) of the Oo'dam and others, and deck 6 and 7 corners. With the 270 degree veranda you can usually find shade. I'd also consider the improved view from a couple of decks higher depending on your itinerary. We love the aft-wraps! You're closer to the aft pool and you actually get some exercise on the walk to the Lounge. FYI, SCs are still Neptune Suites.

A lot of your shade will depend on time of day and the direction the ship's heading. We've been in both corners on deck 5 (really huge verandas) of the Oo'dam and others, and deck 6 and 7 corners. With the 270 degree veranda you can usually find shade. I'd also consider the improved view from a couple of decks higher depending on your itinerary. We love the aft-wraps! You're closer to the aft pool and you actually get some exercise on the walk to the Lounge. FYI, SCs are still Neptune Suites.

Yes, there are still SCs on the Vista (and other large class) HAL ships. Generally they are located in more remote (away from the Neptune Lounge) locations AND are often used for marketing purposes (most times you cannot book a SC cabin but can book a SC "guarantee"). This way HAL can advertise a lower price for a Neptune category, but if you want to select your exact cabin you have to step up to a SB or SA and of course pay much more.

HAL does something very similar on the R and S class ships. They now offer a couple of SB cabins (formerly were S like all Neptunes on these ships) which are used for marketing and normally you cannot book them specifically (just a guarantee).

Yes, there are still SCs on the Vista (and other large class) HAL ships. Generally they are located in more remote (away from the Neptune Lounge) locations AND are often used for marketing purposes (most times you cannot book a SC cabin but can book a SC "guarantee"). This way HAL can advertise a lower price for a Neptune category, but if you want to select your exact cabin you have to step up to a SB or SA and of course pay much more.

HAL does something very similar on the R and S class ships. They now offer a couple of SB cabins (formerly were S like all Neptunes on these ships) which are used for marketing and normally you cannot book them specifically (just a guarantee).

Booked one of the four SB on Rotterdam, all next to each other. A few weeks later, called PCC. Was able to book a SB guarantee with a price drop of $500 PP. Got the same room. Saved $1000.

Thanks

For coverage in inclement weather or more shade from sun I'd go with 6166.

If you want or need less overhead coverage then 4180 would be the choice.

I've had 6166 on a couple Vistas, including Oosterdam and it is my 2nd choice for Aft Wrap staterooms, Deck 5 Aft Wraps being my favorite:)

Joanie