Suite Guarantee When No Suites Available

Loracpin2

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before. There is a fantastic suite guarantee price for our upcoming January Silhouette sailing. Only issue is, according to our TA website, there are currently NO suites available in any category.

My question is: If we change to a suite guarantee, and none become available between now and the date of sailing and we loose our AQ cabin in the process, WHAT HAPPENS????

Thanks

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before. There is a fantastic suite guarantee price for our upcoming January Silhouette sailing. Only issue is, according to our TA website, there are currently NO suites available in any category.

My question is: If we change to a suite guarantee, and none become available between now and the date of sailing and we loose our AQ cabin in the process, WHAT HAPPENS????

Thanks

Better to call Celebrity directly and ask them this question or have your travel agent call them. Ask for an answer in writing (via email). Why speculate here?

no suites for sale does not mean none are available. They hold back suites for guarantee assignments.

Unfortunately, they overbook, so anything could happen.

agree with the recommendation to have your TA call Celebrity. That's what they get paid for.

When they are close to filling a category they will often stop showing available cabins and just make a guarantee available. This allows them to try and upsell current bookings to higher level rooms while retaining a pool of guarantee bookings to fill any rooms they are able to upsell. A suite guarantee is supposed to be just that, a guarantee of a suite room of any type. Now, it has happened before that a cruise overbooks and ends up needing to bump people to lower rooms or off the sailing entirely. But these instances are very uncommon. I wouldn’t not book over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I rarely see any type of "good deals" on Suites these days. Even with GTY. Mind sharing your sailing date? We have a cruise at the beginning of February on the 14 Night Solstice and the W GTY is $9499.00 pp. :eek:

Was GTY suite on Infinity Dec '17 15-night around-the-horn (South America) for just $3,049 with Go Best perks.

Suite GTY for my cruise on January 20th (7 days, Summit from San Juan to FLL) is down to $1399 pp. Inventory on X website is showing SS, CS and RS availability. This is a repositioning cruise so no perks, but the prices are crazy low. RS is $2999. All cabin categories are available and all categories have GTY rates.

Was GTY suite on Infinity Dec '17 15-night around-the-horn (South America) for just $3,049 with Go Best perks.

The OP said their cruise was in January and on the Silhouette.

I did look up your December/Infinity cruise and that's not a bad rate. ;) The only problem is it is smack in the middle of Christmas, and getting to and from SA ...especially during the busy holiday time.