Celebrity Doesn't Seem To Care

FredZiffle

One thing you neglected to point out is that Accenture is certainly taking their cut of the payment so that's less money available to pay the subcontractors. Less pay usually equals even less quality/stability in internet design, doesn't it?

Of course Accenture is being paid. They are the consultants, or the lead contractor. Do you want them to work for free?

As a customer, I don't care who is being paid for what. That's not my concern. I think the customer should had a simple and intuitive experience when they go online with the goal of making a purchase. If the prospective customer can't make the purchase easily, they will go to another site where they can. At least that's the way I operate.

One thing you neglected to point out is that Accenture is certainly taking their cut of the payment so that's less money available to pay the subcontractors. Less pay usually equals even less quality/stability in internet design, doesn't it?

I didn't suggest they not get paid. You totally missed my point and question.

Ok, so what is your point?

I didn't neglect it - that's normal business. The mega-corp I currently work for moved hundreds of helpdesk jobs to India solely for the cost savings. The quality of support pretty much disappeared to the point where people stopped calling them and just lived with their problems. That's sort of what we're dealing with now.

Thanks for helping make my point.

I didn't neglect it - that's normal business. The mega-corp I currently work for moved hundreds of help desk jobs to India solely for the cost savings. The quality of support pretty much disappeared to the point where people stopped calling them and just lived with their problems. That's sort of what we're dealing with now.

Thanks for helping make my point.

Well I knew it was an obvious point but some people still don't get it. When I encountered that with other companies, I didn't stop calling. I just asked to be transferred to someone in the U.S.

The ones who do get it are the same ones who've posted they stopped pre buying the add-on like excursions and packages out of frustration. Or they moved to cruise lines that made it easier for them to book.

Death by a thousand cuts works both ways.

Well I knew it was an obvious point but some people still don't get it. When I encountered that with other companies, I didn't stop calling. I just asked to be transferred to someone in the U.S....

The discussion was about IT professionalism (and segued to whether or not subcontracting is a legitimate business practice). So what does that have to do with call centers?

Back to the main point, whether or not the contractor is rumored to have subcontracted IT website development work to India or the South Pole or New Jersey is irrelevant. What matters to users of the X website is how well it works. Unless you really mean to cast aspersions on unknown hardworking competent professionals in another country (is that your issue?) it would seem more reasonable to restrict your comments to what features work, which ones don't, and how you as a knowledgable IT guy would go about fixing those issues.

... The mega-corp I currently work for moved hundreds of helpdesk jobs to India solely for the cost savings. The quality of support pretty much disappeared to the point where people stopped calling them and just lived with their problems....

So why do you continue to work for such an evil (and/or incompetent) company if it bothers you so much? Have you complained about the company policies to higher management? Have you suggested solutions? Or is this just another made-up dramatic story?

So why do you continue to work for such an evil (and/or incompetent) company if it bothers you so much? Have you complained about the company policies to higher management? Have you suggested solutions? Or is this just another made-up dramatic story?

g - You are going to make me lose my popcorn, of which I have just sprinkled a lot of curry over since I do not use butter! LOL

bon voyage

Because I only have 3 years to retirement and the 401k is doing great. I like my job and do my best to not have to interact with incompetents.

Celebrity does not need to care - business is great - guests are using the current product so is there really a problem?

From a $ perspective, there is no problem at all.

Taking another perspective - if a company truly has Pride in their offerings - it increases the odds of innovation and problem solving. The Celebrity site would stand a higher chance of updating if Celebrity expressed corporate Pride and consideration of customers, neither of which I see evidence of.

In the end, Celebrity's Only goal is to part you from your money, they are doing a truly wonderful job at that - so their mission accomplished.

Are you saying that their is another cruise line that doesn't just want your money?? Please, let me know if their is a Cruise line that is NOT "all inclusive" and charges you 3X amount. At least Celebrity is trying by offering you Drink packages and other specials, to get you on board. If you are having a tough time getting you group together ask when you get on board that you might be able to use one of the Bars that don't open till night, and have a breakfast together. They will make you happy, just ask.

Celebrity does not need to care - business is great - guests are using the current product so is there really a problem?

From a $ perspective, there is no problem at all.

Taking another perspective - if a company truly has Pride in their offerings - it increases the odds of innovation and problem solving. The Celebrity site would stand a higher chance of updating if Celebrity expressed corporate Pride and consideration of customers, neither of which I see evidence of.

In the end, Celebrity's Only goal is to part you from your money, they are doing a truly wonderful job at that - so their mission accomplished.

a - from my perspective, Corporate Pride comes in many flavours and styles, which do not always match up with some of its' patrons. Accepted.

Does any comparably sized company, which you can cite, have and exhibit 'Pride' in all aspects of its' presentation and reach in your opine?

If there is NO evidence, then that may mean your turning away from X for greener pastures, as several posters have already done...

These are only my thoughts, to be sure and thank you for your perspective, regardless of choice.

bon voyage

Are you saying that their is another cruise line that doesn't just want your money?? Please, let me know if their is a Cruise line that is NOT "all inclusive" and charges you 3X amount. At least Celebrity is trying by offering you Drink packages and other specials, to get you on board. If you are having a tough time getting you group together ask when you get on board that you might be able to use one of the Bars that don't open till night, and have a breakfast together. They will make you happy, just ask.

KJWINSTON,

You may not be aware of this but Celebrity doesn't offer you a drink package or other specials because they're being nice to the passenger. They force you to take the perks after they raised the cruise price by rolling in the cost of the perk. If you don't want the perks and figure out how to purchase the cruise that way, you'll save on the cruise cost. Some examples are a senior rate, resident rate and post final payment rate.

It's done by them to generate record profits because they know many of the passengers otherwise wouldn't drink as much to justify buying the package. The other thing they do is inflate the drink cost, both alcoholic and non, to make the perk look more attractive.

Examples are: I can buy a 1/2L bottle of water at Costco for 7 cents. Celebrity charges $2.50 on board. I can buy a 12 pack of Coke for 25 cents per can. What is Celebrity charging on board nowadays? $5? They buy these in huge volume so you know they're paying much less than I am at retail.

Enjoy your cruise and perks. :D

KJWINSTON,

You may not be aware of this but Celebrity doesn't offer you a drink package or other specials because they're being nice to the passenger. They force you to take the perks after they raised the cruise price by rolling in the cost of the perk. If you don't want the perks and figure out how to purchase the cruise that way, you'll save on the cruise cost. Some examples are a senior rate, resident rate and post final payment rate.

It's done by them to generate record profits because they know many of the passengers otherwise wouldn't drink as much to justify buying the package. The other thing they do is inflate the drink cost, both alcoholic and non, to make the perk look more attractive.

Examples are: I can buy a 1/2L bottle of water at Costco for 7 cents. Celebrity charges $2.50 on board. I can buy a 12 pack of Coke for 25 cents per can. What is Celebrity charging on board nowadays? $5? They buy these in huge volume so you know they're paying much less than I am at retail.

c - Hopefully for those who eschew X for such exorbitant 'pricing' on non-alcoholic beverages, can bring their own aboard and save lots of money, especially those who faint at the thought of not getting a 'can' of soda if on a Classic Beverage Package.

After all, someone has to pay for the shipping, loading, storage and other related costs of providing these items aboard AND dare I say, profit too.

Also a good percentage of Costco's profit comes from its' membership fees too. Some Members use the membership enough to make it worth it and then there are some of us who do not, but in our mind think 'this is such a deal...' and use it sporadically.

I look at the various beverage packages as membership fees, each of us individually have to determine if the fee is of value or not and on what basis as well...

Thank you for your thoughts,

bon voyage

:DSamuel,

Personally, I've always upgraded to the premium package thus for me it was moot. I drink top shelf therefore it's necessary. However the cokes I buy at 25 cents were at local grocery stores not Costco.

Celebrity moved the canned cokes to premium to generate more upgrades or cash for those willing to pay the price within classic. Fountain soda costs literally pennies when the glass is filled with ice.

I understand and welcome your points however I suspect you may be equating more in costs than Royal Caribbean International negotiates for the three cruise lines. When you deal in volume, the costs are much lower including shipping. How do you know that some of the goods aren't FOB the dock?

As I've posted before, I welcome the record profits as a shareholder and thank everyone who contributes. :D

Personally, I've always upgraded to the premium package thus for me it was moot. I drink top shelf therefore it's necessary. However the cokes I buy at 25 cents were at local grocery stores not Costco.

Celebrity moved the canned cokes to premium to generate more upgrades or cash for those willing to pay the price within classic. Fountain soda costs literally pennies when the glass is filled with ice.

I understand and welcome your points however I suspect you may be equating more in costs than Royal Caribbean International negotiates for the three cruise lines. When you deal in volume, the costs are much lower including shipping. How do you know that some of the goods aren't FOB the dock?

As I've posted before, I welcome the record profits as a shareholder and thank everyone who contributes. :D

We look at drink packages mostly as a convenience. I'm a shot 'n beer type and my wife's drinking habits aren't all that extravagant either so Classic packages are usually enough for us. We had a Northern Europe cruse a few years ago, though, that was port intensive and we didn't drink much on board. I've been curious since how what we actually drank compared to the package cost. So next time we have that kind of cruise I think we'll skip the package and track the costs.

Steve, sorry it was not meant for you directly, just a spin off of your comments, that is all.

You, similar to myself, usually do not let such items bother us or complain too loudly about them.

We know which buttons to push or pursue when aboard... ;p

Thanks again and bon voyage

KJWINSTON,

Oh, I agree with you a lot. But you take a cruise like Crystal or Seaborn they are inclusive. When comparing the prices and add in Celebrity's you will find what they offer is far more expensive than Celebrity. I would tell anyone to add in what they like to the room, and then see if the price is right.

I think the drink package is very good, but I drink. I don't want to be surprised at the end of the cruise with a beverage bill of $960 for 2 of us, for drinks on a 10 day cruise. There is two packages $12 / $8 and what is there budget. If you fly they are now charging $8 for the 1 oz bottle, while liquor stores are selling the same for $5.

Record profits come by selling 95%+ rooms. To do this there so-called discounts come at different time.IE we got a Drink package and a discount for summer. I then noticed 3 months late the discount we got was $200 now is $300. Did someone call me, heck no. I called and got my extra $100 from my TA.

Excursions are the same. What do you want vs. what you have to pay. AHH, choices, choices..... Want no pressure? Take the cruise where it is all inclusive.

We are presently on Eclipse. Registering for the connections party was impossible and one person at least was informed by email that no party would be held because 25 did not sign up. There is a difference between Celebrity shoreside and the personelle on the ship. Eclipse was made aware of the problem and we had our connections party this morning. It helps if at least one suite or Zenith passenger is on the roll call since the shoreside concierge can contact the ship directly. The IT department should be Keelhauled and the onboard staff should be running the company. Smiles all around and a can do philosophy is experienced on board. Why is Miami such a PIA?
I think that Shoreside should do one contract onboard before working in Miami so they get more knowledge of how things work. They seem to be two different planets to me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I think that Shoreside should do one contract onboard before working in Miami so they get more knowledge of how things work. They seem to be two different planets to me.

Seems like a good idea to me but a full contract may be too much to expect. Maybe a 4 or 5 night working cruise would be more practical.

Many years ago I worked in IT for a railroad. Although they were phasing out the program I managed to get on one of the last new employee tours they did. They were a freight road but they had a 6 car passenger train they used for this purpose. It was a 3 day trip covering the length of the road with frequent stops to explain the real work - switching, coal tipples, sidings, close up examination of different car types. I found it fascinating and it gave me a better appreciation for my own job.

• 2 weeks later...
We are presently on Eclipse. Registering for the connections party was impossible and one person at least was informed by email that no party would be held because 25 did not sign up. There is a difference between Celebrity shoreside and the personelle on the ship. Eclipse was made aware of the problem and we had our connections party this morning. It helps if at least one suite or Zenith passenger is on the roll call since the shoreside concierge can contact the ship directly. The IT department should be Keelhauled and the onboard staff should be running the company. Smiles all around and a can do philosophy is experienced on board. Why is Miami such a PIA?

I rarely comment online, here, or anywhere else. But, Arno so well captured my perspective that I felt compelled to submit something. My wife and I travel extensively, at least 3 or 4 significant trips a year. Usually, at least one of these trips is usually a cruise. Overall, we have taken about 25 cruises on various lines. Azamara and Celebrity are are favourites. As most of you know, Azamara is the very small niche player within the Celebrity group. So, finally to my point. We have very positive comments with respect to Azamara (our favourite) and Celebrity, but their back office (shoreside) sucks! It is a truly Jekyll and Hyde situation. The performance, client focus and dedication of the ship officers and staff is outstanding. Virtually, all of my direct contact with the shoreside personnel has been unpleasant. The website is a perfect example. the website is completely sub-standard and the difficulty of registering for the Connections Party is a particularly good example. From my perspective, it goes beyond 'dis-interest' and all the way to 'contempt.' But, as Arno pointed out, 'ship-side' they are really good. That's it for me... but it feels good having a place to share this FRUSTRATION! By the way, I just prior to writing this note, I tried to register for the Connections Party and was informed that they have no record of our registration although we have been booked for over 3 months.

Just booked a Nov, 2019, TA from Barcelona on Reflection. Went very smooth with only one minor burp. When entering the deposit amount ($900 minimum) the format was different from the "Pay full amount". The PFA format was $X,XXX.XX USD but for the deposit I had to enter 900.00 for it to take. A bit inconsistent but pretty minor.