NCL Escape: Group DIning

Barefoot Gypsy

Hi, Im interested in hearing from Group Leaders/Coordinators . I have a small group going out on the Escape March 3. We cruise often together and I'm familiar with who likes to sit with who at dinner and who doesn't (if you know what I mean!!).

This is our first group cruise on NCL. In the past on RCL I was always able to request specific seating (table for 6, 8 or 10) and to forward to the Restaurant Dept. the names of the people who should be seated at each table.

With NCL Freestyle Im being told by our NCL Group Rep that isnt possible. We can request a specific DIningroom but thats it.

So...Group Coordinators..how did you handle this? There are always people who want to sit with one another. I want to avoid a mad dash to the tables. Your advice will be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks

Hi, Im interested in hearing from Group Leaders/Coordinators . I have a small group going out on the Escape March 3. We cruise often together and I'm familiar with who likes to sit with who at dinner and who doesn't (if you know what I mean!!).

This is our first group cruise on NCL. In the past on RCL I was always able to request specific seating (table for 6, 8 or 10) and to forward to the Restaurant Dept. the names of the people who should be seated at each table.

With NCL Freestyle Im being told by our NCL Group Rep that isnt possible. We can request a specific DIningroom but thats it.

So...Group Coordinators..how did you handle this? There are always people who want to sit with one another. I want to avoid a mad dash to the tables. Your advice will be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks

SpecialEventsEscape@ncl.com

Sent from my VFD 600 using Forums mobile app

To Clarify: I am interested in hearing from Group Coordinators who have had experience with NCL assigning dining room seating. have 28 people going on the Escape March 3. I want to assign them to tables in Taste, MDR. NCR Groups rep tells me that all I can do is select which MDR we prefer and that there is no way to indicate how many tables I require or who sits at which table. Heres an example of what I want to designate to Restaurant staff:

Table for 9 (John, Mary, Peter, Marcia, KD, Jack, Simone, June and MIke)

Table for 4(Joan, Jim, Scott, Kara)

and so forth until all 28 have been assigned seating which they will keep for the duration of the cruise.

Someone mentioned that I would be able to do this on NCL.COM 90 days prior to sailing. Where would I find that and will it allow me to assign all 28 people? Another person suggested e-mailing specialeventsescape@ncl. Im wondering why my NCL Groups Rep. doesnt know this info. Can someone clarify what I should do? Thanks again.

Perhaps an in-person chat with the maître d’ of the restaurant in question on embarkation day?

To Clarify: I am interested in hearing from Group Coordinators who have had experience with NCL assigning dining room seating. have 28 people going on the Escape March 3. I want to assign them to tables in Taste, MDR. NCR Groups rep tells me that all I can do is select which MDR we prefer and that there is no way to indicate how many tables I require or who sits at which table. Heres an example of what I want to designate to Restaurant staff:

and so forth until all 28 have been assigned seating which they will keep for the duration of the cruise.

Someone mentioned that I would be able to do this on NCL.COM 90 days prior to sailing. Where would I find that and will it allow me to assign all 28 people? Another person suggested e-mailing specialeventsescape@ncl. Im wondering why my NCL Groups Rep. doesnt know this info. Can someone clarify what I should do? Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Just remember that NCL is freestyle cruising. Unlike most other lines, there are no pre-assigned seats in the dining rooms, you just show up. Although, since you are on the Escape, they do have a private dining room in the Taste resturant you may be able to book for your party since you do have a large group. I second the recommendation regarding emailing specialeventsescape@ncl.com. If they can't help you, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Just remember that NCL is freestyle cruising. Unlike most other lines, there are no pre-assigned seats in the dining rooms, you just show up. Although, since you are on the Escape, they do have a private dining room in the Taste resturant you may be able to book for your party since you do have a large group. I second the recommendation regarding emailing specialeventsescape@ncl.com. If they can't help you, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction.

They were very helpful.Thanks!

I'm just curious... With so many dining options on that ship, are you sure that all 28 people are going to want to eat in the same exact spot every dinner the entire trip? Personally, I think that would suck. LOL!

We had a group of 16 on Escape February 2017. Usually, they would put us at two tables of eight each. In La Cucina they were able to seat us all at one long table section. We only did this for the specialty dining restaurants. This was accomplished well in advance.

Norwegian Cruise Line

Group Events Department

groupeventescap@ncl.com

Phone 1.800.327.7030 | Fax 1.305.436.4147

I'm just curious... With so many dining options on that ship, are you sure that all 28 people are going to want to eat in the same exact spot every dinner the entire trip? Personally, I think that would suck. LOL!

This is the 4th cruise that this group has been on together. They are also neighbors here in Florida. If any are interested in specialty restaurants..thats fine..they can make reservations there but their seat will be held with our group.

This is the 4th cruise that this group has been on together. They are also neighbors here in Florida. If any are interested in specialty restaurants..thats fine..they can make reservations there but their seat will be held with our group.

In the manhattan room, there is a section set aside with 6, 8, 10 tips for group seating. Freestyle dining means you are not assigned a table. You can talk with the restaurant ahead of time to try and get a couple of tables next to each other.