Luggage Valet excludes Southwest!

luv4cruises

Next week we will be cruising our favorite Southern Caribbean itinerary on the beautiful Eclipse for the 5th time, and most likely the last as the ship will be heading to South America , and regrettably Celebrity is discontinuing this beautiful, regular 14 day itinerary during the Caribbean season. Instead it will only be offered a few times a season on a different ship.

Each time I have been on the Eclipse I have had to plead and beg for Celebrity to include Southwest as an option for luggage valet. Luckily Damien in Guest Services has come through for me a few times.

I just learned today that Luggage Valet will not be available for passengers of Southwest Airlines when we diisembark from the Eclipse on December 10.

I cannot understand why Celebrity excludes Southwest when Princess, HAL, and RCI include them. Even the biggest RCI ships include Southwest. We have had perfect experiences using luggage valet for Southwest flights on other cruise lines and even when disembarking from the biggest ships, The Allure, and the Oasis.

It is so disappointing to NOT have Luggage Valet available for Southwest passengers when other cruise lines have had no problems accommodating their many guest who fly to Florida on Southwest Airlines.

I sure hope Damien is still working in Guest Relations, because I will be there on day 1 of my cruise, November 26, begging and pleading with the Eclipse staff to include Southwest Airlines in their luggage valet program

Modern Luxury should include Luggage Valet for one of the most traveled airlines to Florida, Southwest!

We have always seen Southwest as a listed option for Luggage Valet when sailing to/from POM or Port Everglades on every ship we've sailed while Luggage Valet was available.

I assume POM is "Port of Miami". If that is the case Southwest does not fly into or out Miami only Ft Lauderdale.

I assume POM is "Port of Miami". If that is the case Southwest does not fly into or out Miami only Ft Lauderdale.

Yes. POM is Port of Miami. I was referring to disembarking in Miami, but flying out of Fort Lauderdale on Southwest. Sorry if I was a bit muddy.

Yes. POM is Port of Miami. I was referring to disembarking in Miami, but flying out of Fort Lauderdale on Southwest. Sorry if I was a bit muddy.

That explains it. As inferred by rhblake, the luggage valet service out of POM is only with airlines servicing MIA airport - not FLL. So as Southwest only services FLL, that would not be part of the POM luggage valet service. You would have to be cruising out of Port Everglades for that service with Southwest.

Just got off the phone with X and we have been told that Southwest is available as we are on back to backs out of P.O.M. in January. Flights cannot be after 6:00 P.M. You have to depart before then as we are going to do. We fly out of FLL as we can get a Nonstop flight as in Miami we would have a layover which is not to our liking. This is what we were told so we are hoping this is true.

Just got off the phone with X and we have been told that Southwest is available as we are on back to backs out of P.O.M. in January. Flights cannot be after 6:00 P.M. You have to depart before then as we are going to do. We fly out of FLL as we can get a Nonstop flight as in Miami we would have a layover which is not to our liking. This is what we were told so we are hoping this is true.

I hope so too, as my understanding is it is only available between the ports and the local airport supporting them as indicated - POM / MIA, Port Everglades / FLL. Our direct experience has only been Port Everglades / FLL, so have not used it from POM. Hope it works out for you.

I hope you are correct. Two different X agents told me last week that Luggage Valet would not be offered for SWA passengers, Let you know as we Sail next Sunday,

Luv4cruises. Southwest is covered for FLL departures (even if you port into Miami). Your flight has to meet certain criteria. Departs between 1400-1800 day of arrival back to port. & has to be within continental US. If guest relations balks keep pressing. Go to the Luggage Valet is back tab & print off the sheet that shows Southwest being covered. I’d post the picture but I don’t have access to that folder right now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please forgive my ignorance - What is a Luggage Valet?

Thank you

Luggage Valet is a service that is offered for the handling of your luggage. There is Fee of $25.00 per person (addition charge if airlines charge fee for baggage). When you put your luggage out the last night of the cruise you won't see your luggage until you arrive at your home airport. So no need to claim your luggage for customs and check it in at the airport that will be done for you! Also they give you the boarding passes, luggage tags and check you in for your flight! It is worth the costs there are several threads on this subject on cruise critics which will show the paperwork used for luggage valet. These forms list the Airlines and what the guidelines are for using luggage valet! Hope this helps!

Just off the Equinox on November 16 and Southwest was listed on the airlines available to use Luggage Valet out of FLL. Actually, my friends flew Southwest for that cruise and used the service out of FLL with no problem. Flights had to be after 2:00 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Next week we will be cruising our favorite Southern Caribbean itinerary on the beautiful Eclipse for the 5th time, and most likely the last as the ship will be heading to South America , and regrettably Celebrity is discontinuing this beautiful, regular 14 day itinerary during the Caribbean season. Instead it will only be offered a few times a season on a different ship.

!

Just a point of clarification - your cruise is not the last one on the Eclipse with a Southern Caribbean itinerary. The ship does not depart to South America after you disembark. It is headed out for a 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise. :D