Moderno Churrascaria

camper49

Went to Moderno on the Gem. Great food and service....prepared very much to our liking and not dried out at all. Salad bar was fantastic. Appears we may have been very lucky based on the other reviews. The only hesitation in going back is that there was too much food and it was hard to say no!

Went to Moderno on the Gem. Meats were excellent...not dried out at all. Salad bar was excellent too. Appears we may have been very lucky considering the other posts. Service was also great.

Only hesitation in going back would be that there was too much food and it is difficult to say no!

We have eaten there on the Gem, Breakaway and Epic.Yes the meat might be salty just tell them to give you another batch. We keep going back. Salad bar is okay with fancy type of foods. We prefer the meat. Love the lamb chops and the pineapple. Hubby had two different types of chicken. We plan on going back again next year.

Salad bar was great, the meat was really terrible to me. I️ am

Used to fogo dr chao type restaurants, and I️ think I was really disappointed. It’s like eating meat grilled under the oven broiler vs really good grilled meats I’ve eaten elsewhere

100% agree

We stopped going here. Never enjoyed it.

Well....I don't know if I should stick it out or just try something different.

If you've never done it, I would say give it a try ... we did that earlier this month, that was on the Breakaway, as one of the 2 choices for our comp'd Platinum dining option for 2, we actually invited 3 other members of our extended family to join us. Between La Cucina & this, thumbs up - lots of good food, eat as little & as much as you wish, absolutely wonderful chilled smoked salmon at the salad bar. Easily a week's worth of red meat (and bacon-wrapped chicken, juicy) for us at one sitting.

We got tired of going to LeBistro & there isn't much for DW's preference in Cagney ... I think we will do that again next time we sail NCL, assuming it remained as one of the specialty option.

716af3934d67b9275f5b0c60d21ef1a7.jpg

798d3bb3266c82c40fc1b7469ec6b144.jpg

I was very pleased with my one & only Moderno experience on the Getaway several yrs ago. I am a serious carnivore (rare please)! My one misstep was enjoying the salad buffet too much. They had put out an impressive selection, beautifully presented; & IMO delicious. Wish I had left more room for MEAT. I've been looking forward to a repeat peformance on an upcoming Jade voyage. Now.....I'm concerned. I will try to lower my expectations a bit.

Tried Moderno when they first opened....we loved it !!! Especially the salad bar.

Returned on our next cruise...was still good.

BUT...last year we were very unhappy...The once fabulous salad bar was revamped...some favorites gone and did not seem to be the "special" salad bar anymore :(...We also felt the meats tasted all the same (maybe the heavy garlic marinade they use)..and not the quality we had before.

Last cruise..did not bother to go at all...but while eating in Cagneys...we sure could smell the garlic from next door..:eek:

We ate there on the Breakaway and had a fantastic dinner. The meat was perfect! salad bar was ok. I would go back for sure. From the reviews it looks like most of the bad meals were on older ships. Any one eat there on the Escape? We booked reservations for next month, hopefully its as good as the breakaway meal was

i just tried Moderno on the Escape last Thursday and wasn't terribly impressed. It's beautiful inside and I loved the option to sit outside on the waterfrobt, which is what we did. The service was excellent. After so many reviews i was looking forward to the salad bar but it wasn't great. Some sushi, bread, shrimp salad, tabbouleh, potato salad, etc. Nothing outstanding. The meats were mostly tough and salty. The pork loin was my favorite and the bacon wrapped chicken breast was good too. The sides were bland. Sauteed mushrooms, white rice, mashed potatoes and fried yucca. I enjoyed the cheese bread. The grilled pineapple was amazing! There was no seafood passed around.

i just tried Moderno on the Escape last Thursday and wasn't terribly impressed. It's beautiful inside and I loved the option to sit outside on the waterfrobt, which is what we did. The service was excellent. After so many reviews i was looking forward to the salad bar but it wasn't great. Some sushi, bread, shrimp salad, tabbouleh, potato salad, etc. Nothing outstanding. The meats were mostly tough and salty. The pork loin was my favorite and the bacon wrapped chicken breast was good too. The sides were bland. Sauteed mushrooms, white rice, mashed potatoes and fried yucca. I enjoyed the cheese bread. The grilled pineapple was amazing! There was no seafood passed around.
I think you may had to ask for the "fish". Some say they have fish wrapped in banana leaves. Not sure why they don't just openly offer it.