NCL Escape NOV 4-11/2017: UltraViolet & The Captain

Nov. 5th, 2017

Falmouth, Jamaica

We were up and moving by 0600, and, as usual, started out day on the balcony with fruit and coffee. We had second breakfast in the Garden Café again, and it didn’t disappoint. It was also the same food we had the day before.

IMG_5506-X2.jpg

IMG_5507-X2.jpg

I mean, really...can you fault us?

Our plan, originally, had been to take a taxi to Blue Waters Beach Club, for a relaxing day of lying round the beach. However, we were feeling a bit under the weather from the previous night’s shenanigans. I decided laying on a beach in the hot sun for 5 hours was generally a bad idea.

So, we spent about 2 hours walking around the gated port area shopping for souvenirs. It really is a nice shopping area, but there isn’t much there to hold either of our interests for much longer than that.

IMG_5515-X2.jpg

She's not waving...that's a STOP sign.

IMG_5518-X2.jpg

I was pretty sure YOU fed the bird before we left...

After we were done milling about smartly (aimlessly), we went back aboard Escape. We changed into our swimwear, and went up to enjoy the Haven’s private sundeck. It was virtually deserted for the first 90 minutes or so, then folks started trickling in. It still was never crowded. We really enjoyed the quietness, and I soaked in the hot tub 2 or 3 times. Ultraviolet took advantage of the umbrella shade and rehydrated. Pretty sure I did, too. Servers come through periodically, and we had several cups of icewater. The hot tub temperature was just right, and it was a perfectly sunny day.

IMG_5508-X2.jpg

IMG_5510-X2.jpg

I don't see any weed dealers. I'm looking for them, but maybe they're still sleeping? Pssht. We're staying here!

After maybe 3 hours, or so, we retired to the Haven Restaurant for lunch. I can’t for the life of me recall what we had, but I’m sure it was delish. The fact that I didn’t photograph our food (Felfies? Foodies? Lunchies?) is testament to my recovery from last night.

Anyways, after lunch, we headed back to 10106 for an afternoon nap. That’s the ticket! We crashed pretty hard, and woke up refreshed. New game plan…No booze before noon, or after 4:00. Only wine after 4:00. The people inside our heads are 15 and 24 (salacious woman!), but on the outside, we ain’t getting any younger. Enough said. We lounged around the cabin for a while, then headed out to commence more, if not milder, shenanigans. We discovered the Tobacco Road bar. This became our nightly haunt to kick things off, and we frequented a comfy couch in the corner. Secluded enough to be fairly quiet, and great for people-watching as they all traipsed by. Tobacco Road got pretty busy as the week went by, and seemed understaffed.

All but 2 nights there was one bartender, and one server attending to the tables and couches. The server’s name was Peng, and he was awesome. The first night and the first time he brought us our wine, he ceremoniously set down a large vial of nuts and Chex-Mix stuff, stepped back, and said “Some snacks.” From that point forward, we knew him as Some Snacks. Some Snacks was awesome, and on the busier nights towards the end of the week he still took god care of us. We tipped him out accordingly on our second-to-last night. Some Snacks…. wherever you are, man…. we love you!

What? It’s dinner time? If you insist. Off to the Haven restaurant for dinner, and it was amazing. Diana, the Asst. Concierge overseeing the Haven restaurant, greeted us by name, asked about our day, and gave us our usual 2-top by the window. It was after sunset, so we couldn’t see much. So, I lost myself in UltraViolet’s green eyes. Yep, I’m in love. She had the Sea Bass, which was reported to be excellent, and I had the Surf N’ Turf. It was a very good piece of meat, and as everyone on CC knows by now, NCL doesn’t have lobster. I had 4 jumbo shrimpseses (one missing from the pic, lol), the cut of meat, and a baked potato. Overall, 7/10. As always, service was beyond reproach.

Since dinner was kind of late, we got a few glasses of wine from Tobacco Road, and drank them in the Haven Courtyard. It was deserted, and we had the place to ourselves. We called it an early night, and headed back to our stateroom. We were greeted by another bottle of champagne, and Jefferson's usual, amazing variety of snacks. SNACKS! One more glass on the balcony, then we fell asleep to the waves rocking us to dreamland….

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

IMG_5536-X2.jpg

Tobacco Road, home of Some Snacks. Best server in the fleet!

IMG_5541-X2.jpg

Sea Bass in the Haven Restaurant. Ultraviolet gives it 2 thumbs up!

IMG_5542-X2.jpg

Haven Restaurant Surf N' Turf....7/10.

IMG_5537-X2.jpg

See that couch on the left? Back off it's ours! If I could've mailed it home, I would've.

IMG_5544-X2.jpg

Haven Courtyard....all ours.

IMG_5545-X2.jpg

Goodnight, sweet...Jackalope?