Equinox Nov 6-16

CaptFantastic

Hi all, just off the Equinox, southern Caribbean. I don't feel like writing a full review, so I'll just cover some points, and mention a few things. If you have questions just ask.

Embarkation - got there just after noon and was really busy. Took over an hour to get onboard.

Wifi - was impressed the little I used it (the wife carries a phone all the time). Web browsing, uploading pics snd video all pretty quick and I saw a number if people using Facetime o similar apps

Ship - overall in good shape, but a few issues if you look hard enough. Some seats/chairs getting worn, some rust on the balcony. Not a big deal and everything works that needs to

Passengers - this cruise trended a little older than the others I've been on. This is fine but there were some issues.....standing at the front of elevators and claiming its full or arriving to events an hour early to snag all the good seats.

Food - I like to eat and not picky so didn't have any issues. Some things in the MDR were a bit salty. Had one meal at Silk Harvest which was very good. Oceanview was good as well

Excursions - it appears as though you now meet your excursion on the dock rather than in the theatre. I think this works a lot better as it diesn't cause an extra lineup getting off the ship and you don't parade through the ship wearing your pink numbers. Not sure if this is a new policy or only certain excursions.

Ports - my first time in GC and the ABC's. Did the beach in GC, rented a car in Aruba and Curacao. Did a snorkel excursion in Bonaire then bombed around in a golf cart. Just walked around Key West for a bit. Saw some signs of hurricane damage but I'd say its 90% back to normal.

Disembarkation - smooth as can be. Walked off with no customs and caught our shuttle in a matter if minutes. Customs was done before we were allowed off in Key West which consisted of a surprisingly friendly customs agent taking a looking at my passport picture, looking at me and confirming my name.....literally 15 seconds

Thanks

DH and I were on this cruise as well and enjoyed our first Suite experience immensely. Would agree with all points made. We also dined at Sushi on 5...food was fine but we were asked no less than 10 times if all was good...just a little annoying is all. Of course we had to try the Gastro Pub burger, which was good but the Bone Marrow starter was a star! So nummy. Murano for lunch, which was a little more low key than in the evening and still delicious. We visited Michael's club once...upon embarkation Too stuffy for us. Our Luminae servers were perfection and our room steward was quick as lightening. We asked for the sparkling wine to be changed out and this was done without additional charge. We did not use any Celebrity sponsored excursions. We stayed on the ship in GC and Curacao and took an evening Trike tour in Aruba...of which I am not yet recovered from. I.DO NOT recommend! However, in Bonaire, the Golf carts were alot of fun...reserve early! We rented another cart in Key West which saved on DH's back and knees. The alcohol flowed, the food was terrific. The shows were good...we really enjoyed the Beatles tribute band. Martini bar was hopping, get there between dinner service to find a seat. Visited World Class bar once...did not go back...not for any other reason other than we did not care for the drinks there. (we are generally wine drinkers) The only surly staff we found were at the bar in Ocean view...they seemed a bit overworked. They should take lessons from the Martini Bar staff. I was a little surprised at the mean age on board...and heard a few grumbly passengers but,...an excellent experience was had in all respects from our standpoint..

Thanks for reading and commenting, especially Misha for the supplemental information.....it looks like you did all things I didn't....haha.

I didn't check the trikes page but I'd guess the ride might be kind of rough. The roads aren't exactly smooth and I had my rented Jeep bouncing around a bit. I saw a trike tour leaving when I returned the Jeep and they looked pretty low to the ground

Thanks for reading and commenting, especially Misha for the supplemental information.....it looks like you did all things I didn't....haha.

I didn't check the trikes page but I'd guess the ride might be kind of rough. The roads aren't exactly smooth and I had my rented Jeep bouncing around a bit. I saw a trike tour leaving when I returned the Jeep and they looked pretty low to the ground

i did not want to hijack your thread with my Trikes issues. Happy sails in the future