Laundrette on Reflection?

Evertonian64

Can anyone say if there is a laundrette on Reflection that can be used to do say bagful of washing and drying and if so the cost. I am looking for the sort of laundrette you would use at home, washer and dryer and not the, I assume expensive, one provided by the staff.

Here you go: http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-reflection

A great overview of the ship and what is available on-board.

Please post back with questions which the website does not answer. Usually, if it is NOT shown here, it is not available, in my research and subsequent experience .

All else is rumor, to be sure, and not to be believed until you board!

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

• 1 year later...
Wonder what the Celebrity thinking is not to have launderettes on board. And even when you send your laundry out onboard it doesn't include pressing. Crystal, Cunard, Oceania all do--have launderettes.

Revenue is what Celebrity are thinking. They will make a lot more money charging guests to launder garments than they would by providing coin op machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonder what the Celebrity thinking is not to have launderettes on board. And even when you send your laundry out onboard it doesn't include pressing. Crystal, Cunard, Oceania all do--have launderettes.

If you do the captains club special bags it doesn't include pressing, but if you are sending out regular laundry it does. We just do the bags for our socks, undergarments, tee shirts, etc, & send out our regular clothes full priced. They do a pretty good job, not as nice as Holland does though, just my opinion

They have made a business decision. They want the revenue from their laundry service, plus a self service laundromat takes space and requires maintenance. Other cruise lines have decided to provide the amenity despite the cost. Some might make the decision on cruises longer than seven days to book the cruise lines that have laundromats. I booked a couple of Princess cruises with other things being equal over similar Celebrity itineraries because Princess has laundromats.

Also, the S class ships have no pull across clothes line in the shower. We bring along a few heavy duty magnetic hooks we purchased on Amazon and some twine. We attach them to the shower walls to hang our wet bathing suits and any hand washing we've done. It works well.

Revenue is what Celebrity are thinking. They will make a lot more money charging guests to launder garments than they would by providing coin op machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not to mention having a couple of more staterooms to fill. Their decision to make. I had an electronics store and kept having people tell me I should open n Sunday’s. I was able to smile and tell them I did. Business just didn’t justify it. Could be same here, maybe they had tried and found it wasn’t worth it. It at least means we aren’t subjected to a bunch of “machine hog” posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to mention having a couple of more staterooms to fill. Their decision to make. I had an electronics store and kept having people tell me I should open n Sunday’s. I was able to smile and tell them I did. Business just didn’t justify it. Could be same here, maybe they had tried and found it wasn’t worth it. It at least means we aren’t subjected to a bunch of “machine hog” posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They didn’t try it. They have never had them on Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. On Azamara they took them out when they purchased the ships. Then RCCL had to put them back on Azamara because of complaints. Could not complete with the other upscale cruise lines doing long itineraries without laundromats.

I wonder why so many on this topic couldn't just answer the question the OP asked. Are there launderettes on the Reflection? That is all that was asked. OP did not ask about Princess or anything else.:rolleyes:

So move on. :rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy

Apparently back in the day there was a fire on board one of the ships caused by an iron left on. Now no possibility as no irons on board.

Prior to becoming elite and getting free laundry we used our balcony to dry our clothes. We rigged up a 4 metre length of cord between stations and brought along some quality clothes pegs. We also brought and still do an artificial chamois the type sold at trade fairs and the like which we use to absorb wrung out water.

Where there is a will there is a way

Apparently back in the day there was a fire on board one of the ships caused by an iron left on. Now no possibility as no irons on board.

Prior to becoming elite and getting free laundry we used our balcony to dry our clothes. We rigged up a 4 metre length of cord between stations and brought along some quality clothes pegs. We also brought and still do an artificial chamois the type sold at trade fairs and the like which we use to absorb wrung out water.

Where there is a will there is a way

Clothing on the balcony is a fire hazard.

Can anyone say if there is a laundrette on Reflection that can be used to do say bagful of washing and drying and if so the cost. I am looking for the sort of laundrette you would use at home, washer and dryer and not the, I assume expensive, one provided by the staff.

There is often an 'all you can stuff in a bag' offer mid cruise...great to fill with bits and pieces and then just send out the odd other garment for wash and press.

There is often an 'all you can stuff in a bag' offer mid cruise...great to fill with bits and pieces and then just send out the odd other garment for wash and press.

I believe the price on that has increased to $45 for the bag from $20. I know there was a photo of the leaflet posted on CC, I’ll see if I can find it.

I believe the price on that has increased to $45 for the bag from $20. I know there was a photo of the leaflet posted on CC, I’ll see if I can find it.

Can’t post the photo as it was on Photobucket before they changed their policy. It was actually $50 per special bag of wash & fold; $45 was with the CC 10% discount included ;).

I think that's only for cruises 14 days and over

I think it does vary...Fairly sure we have had the option (and used) on an 11 night cruise, suggest the OP asks his room attendant on boarding and then keeps his eyes open in the 'Today' paper.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished a 10nt cruise on the Equinox. I did my own laundry in my cabin and it worked out great. I did some research and on youtube I found a product called Scrubba. It is a wet/dry bag that has a wash board built in it. It requires very little soap or you can use shampoo. 3 mins in this wash bag is as good as putting it in your machine at home. To prep ahead I have been using it at home for months for small loads of laundry and it works great. So now I don't have to over pack...I washed my day wear and swimsuits and night shirts. I bought some super magnets on amazon recommended by a cruise blogger. So I was able to hang stuff all over the room to keep it neat. I bought a bungee clothes line from amazon it comes with attached metal clothes pegs. I hooked it on my balcony and added extra clip for security and tied pant string just in case things took flight.

On Sea days after room was cleaned , I washed the clothes and rang out as much water as possible then laid clothing flat on a microfiber towel I brought rolled it up and compressed it by standing on it. 85 % of the moister was removed. I hung clothes on my aft balcony (hillbillies cruising) hour or two later..clean and dry. if it was still damp I hooked line on my super magnets from one side of the room to the other and left over night.

I kept all supplies including Scrubba in a mesh bag hanging on the wall, with stain remove, pouches of liquid tide to go, ..etcthescrubba.com

https://thescrubba.com/