How "formal" do we need to dress on MSC Poesia?

~*Lou*~

We have only cruised once before, on RCI Radiance of the Seas, to Alaska, which is notoriously casual. We only had very casual clothes with us, wore jeans to the dining room even on formal nights and were not out of place, with only a handful of other guests dressing formally.

Now we are doing a Mediterranean cruise on MSC Poesia next May. I am trying to pack very light (we have two weeks of travel across Europe before the cruise and I don't want a lot of luggage to lug around) so debating whether to take formal clothing or not.

There are 4 of us - myself, my husband, daughter (9yrs) and son (7yrs). I can take simple black dress which rolls up and doesn't take much room, with a simple sandal which is light and easy to pack other clothes round and not take up much space. What should I pack for my husband? Son and daughter?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Lou :)

We have only cruised once before, on RCI Radiance of the Seas, to Alaska, which is notoriously casual. We only had very casual clothes with us, wore jeans to the dining room even on formal nights and were not out of place, with only a handful of other guests dressing formally.

Now we are doing a Mediterranean cruise on MSC Poesia next May. I am trying to pack very light (we have two weeks of travel across Europe before the cruise and I don't want a lot of luggage to lug around) so debating whether to take formal clothing or not.

There are 4 of us - myself, my husband, daughter (9yrs) and son (7yrs). I can take simple black dress which rolls up and doesn't take much room, with a simple sandal which is light and easy to pack other clothes round and not take up much space. What should I pack for my husband? Son and daughter?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Lou :)

The "Little Black Dress" is always good. Pack or wear a blazer & dress shirt (tie if possible) for hubbie and you are all set.

IMG_1872_zpstjfues80.jpg