World Class Bar....

BILL-WI

That's fine cause I'll be on Eclipse in less than three weeks. I just hope they pour Johnny Walker Platinum under the premium package. :D

I have heard the World Class Bar had JWB. If you have the premium drink package it was PDP plus $20.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

That's fine cause I'll be on Eclipse in less than three weeks. I just hope they pour Johnny Walker Platinum under the premium package. :D

I believe Gold was the top of the premium package. I was too busy drinking Oban 14 to care about JW.

BTW, the Zacapa Old Fashioned is incredible!

Where is the WCB on the Equinox? I can't seem to find it on the plans..

Thanks!

It was just forward of Sushi on 5 and Cafe al Bacio. The back of the bar is the wall of the stairway to the Martini Bar. It used to be called the Molecular Bar just before you got to the Art Gallery.

I have heard the World Class Bar had JWB. If you have the premium drink package it was PDP plus $20.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

All bars have JWB on the premium package. However on Equinox I was able to get my JWP included in the premium package with no additional charge. YMMV though.

BTW if you like JWB, last month Captains in St. Maartin was selling it for $99/750ml and they engraved my name on it for free and filled it in with gold ink. Capatins is in the building on Boardwalk where the water taxi docks.

I think they now have the World Class Bar on all the S-Class ships (we do not know about the other ships). On our Eclipse cruise (3 weeks ago) the World Class Bar was generally empty or had fewer then 4 (2 of which were us). The Molecular Bar was more popular because they had a pretty interesting slate of specialty drinks. Once Celebrity dumped their licensing agreement they tried to duplicate the experience with their own concept and specialty drinks. But there is a very short list of drinks...which would not please a lot of folks. And at least one of those drinks (the one that much be made with dry ice) has not been made on our last 28 days on the Eclipse..because the ship does not have the ingredients. All the drinks are pricey so are only covered by the Premium Drink Package which is a limited number of passengers. And it seemed that everyone with the Premium Package (including moi) preferred to hang out at the Martini Bar...where there was always plenty of socialization and fun bartenders. In the World Class Bar they only had a single bar tender (who also was the waiter). With few customers, few drink options, and one staffer....it seemed to be more a recipe for a funeral then a fun bar. Another problem is the location....which is tucked behind the Art Scam (oops...mean Auction) area. One could walk past the World Bar without evening noticing the place.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I really liked the Molecular Bar and most of the group I cruise with enjoyed the drinks there. I'm just off the Eclipse where I tried most of the cocktails at the new World Bar. I can see why it's usually empty. I found most of the cocktails to be pretty bad. They were uninteresting, unimaginative and not very balanced. Just bad! And the bartenders would not make anything not on the menu no matter how much I begged them. There are a couple of tasty cocktails served in Sushi on 5 that are made at the World Bar. Could not even get those. That's complete BS, if I have a drink package I should be able to get the drink made without having to purchase low grade sushi (and it was low grade).

Edited by TFLG

We were on the Silhouette TA in November and loved it!. The Martini bar was a little to crowed for us but bar at World Class Bar Had nice small crowd. George the bartender was nice and even fixed a "special drink guaranteed" to cure my husband's cold. What we really enjoyed was the mixology class they held three times. It cost $30,was limited to eight people. George had recipes for 8 drinks and each person prepared one of the recipes behind the bar and served each of us a small portion. We learned a few tricks and met some new friends. We took the class twice we enjoyed it so much as did another couple.

We were on the Silhouette TA in November and loved it!. The Martini bar was a little to crowed for us but bar at World Class Bar Had nice small crowd. George the bartender was nice and even fixed a "special drink guaranteed" to cure my husband's cold. What we really enjoyed was the mixology class they held three times. It cost $30,was limited to eight people. George had recipes for 8 drinks and each person prepared one of the recipes behind the bar and served each of us a small portion. We learned a few tricks and met some new friends. We took the class twice we enjoyed it so much as did another couple.

It drives me crazy that on one ship the bartender will make custom drinks, next one I go on "nope only whats on menu". On the Equinox last fall, the bartender would make me the old Molecular drink I liked. The first couple of nights I had to go get him Grand Marnier, after that he had the bottle and made them for me every night. This last cruise on the Eclipse no such luck. BTW bartender on Equinox got a nice big tip and mentioned in the cruise review. Last one got nada! The bar staff on our last Eclipse cruise were pretty bad (except Martini bar). The Pool Bar, Sunset Bar and World Bar staff all seemed to be really mad all the time.

It drives me crazy that on one ship the bartender will make custom drinks, next one I go on "nope only whats on menu". On the Equinox last fall, the bartender would make me the old Molecular drink I liked. The first couple of nights I had to go get him Grand Marnier, after that he had the bottle and made them for me every night. This last cruise on the Eclipse no such luck. BTW bartender on Equinox got a nice big tip and mentioned in the cruise review. Last one got nada! The bar staff on our last Eclipse cruise were pretty bad (except Martini bar). The Pool Bar, Sunset Bar and World Bar staff all seemed to be really mad all the time.

I do think this was a weird corporate decision on the part of Celebrity. While I personally really loved the World Class Bar on Reflection, I really don't know why they don't serve other drinks, to the point of not even having coke or water. I kind of get it, but it's still a little odd.

(Our bartender did go get a glass of wine for my wife from Cafe Bacio (yes, THEY had wine).)

I really liked the Molecular Bar and most of the group I cruise with enjoyed the drinks there. I'm just off the Eclipse where I tried most of the cocktails at the new World Bar. I can see why it's usually empty. I found most of the cocktails to be pretty bad. They were uninteresting, unimaginative and not very balanced. Just bad! And the bartenders would not make anything not on the menu no matter how much I begged them. There are a couple of tasty cocktails served in Sushi on 5 that are made at the World Bar. Could not even get those. That's complete BS, if I have a drink package I should be able to get the drink made without having to purchase low grade sushi (and it was low grade).

Strange, we were on the Eclipse in September and the bartender in World Class bar was happy to create something. He asked me what I liked, and worked something up.

I do think this was a weird corporate decision on the part of Celebrity. While I personally really loved the World Class Bar on Reflection, I really don't know why they don't serve other drinks, to the point of not even having coke or water. I kind of get it, but it's still a little odd.

(Our bartender did go get a glass of wine for my wife from Cafe Bacio (yes, THEY had wine).)

Good point. I do not think they usually serve wine. I suspect it is a carry over from the Molecular bar because the drinks take a while to make. But I do agree it is a little strange. Why not staff it with two people and get the drinks from another bar like they do in the CellarMasters.

Might be a good comment to submit during my next cruise.

Good point. I do not think they usually serve wine. I suspect it is a carry over from the Molecular bar because the drinks take a while to make. But I do agree it is a little strange. Why not staff it with two people and get the drinks from another bar like they do in the CellarMasters.

Might be a good comment to submit during my next cruise.

We really liked the bartenders (there were two most nights) at the World Class Bar on Reflection, and there were a handful of us that were there most nights of the cruise. The Zacapa old-fashioned was excellent, and they had three of my favorite Scotch whiskies.

Having said that, our last cruise was on RCI Brilliance. The new "R Bar" concept on RCI, at least on that cruise, was excellent. There was a bartender that was an actual mixologist, who would make things up based on your likes. He was amazing. The World Class Bar could easily be the same, but it's not. And, again, we really enjoyed it on Reflection!

We really liked the bartenders (there were two most nights) at the World Class Bar on Reflection, and there were a handful of us that were there most nights of the cruise. The Zacapa old-fashioned was excellent, and they had three of my favorite Scotch whiskies.

Having said that, our last cruise was on RCI Brilliance. The new "R Bar" concept on RCI, at least on that cruise, was excellent. There was a bartender that was an actual mixologist, who would make things up based on your likes. He was amazing. The World Class Bar could easily be the same, but it's not. And, again, we really enjoyed it on Reflection!

The single bar tender on our Eclipse Cruise was a nice guy, and knew how to make the specialty drinks (except the one I wanted for which he did not have the dry ice). I noticed all the Johnnie Walker high end bottles (I am a single malt kind of guy) and asked him about the price of the Blue and Yellow. Having heard the price (I do not even remember) we both had a good laugh. If the bar had a decent collection of high-end Single Malts...then we could have done some business. But paying over $50 for a shot of JW (and I do not care which one) is just silly. I have had JW Blue and thought it tasted like a more refined JW Black. The JW Double Black is somewhat interesting...but they did not have that at the World Bar (not sure they had it on the ship).

Hank

The single bar tender on our Eclipse Cruise was a nice guy, and knew how to make the specialty drinks (except the one I wanted for which he did not have the dry ice). I noticed all the Johnnie Walker high end bottles (I am a single malt kind of guy) and asked him about the price of the Blue and Yellow. Having heard the price (I do not even remember) we both had a good laugh. If the bar had a decent collection of high-end Single Malts...then we could have done some business. But paying over $50 for a shot of JW (and I do not care which one) is just silly. I have had JW Blue and thought it tasted like a more refined JW Black. The JW Double Black is somewhat interesting...but they did not have that at the World Bar (not sure they had it on the ship).

Hank

Reflection had Talisker, Cao Ila, and Oban. They were tucked away opposite of the JWs. Not a JW fan either.

We thoroughly enjoyed the world class bar on Eclipse last year on our 14 day caribbean cruise. The old fashioned became my favorite after trying a few others on their specialty menu. We had a great group that would stop by and the bar tenders were excellent. My wife only drinks wine so she would just stop off at was then Bistro on Five on the way over to get a glass of wine. The martini bar is very good but it was so crowded and could be so noisy due to the location that the world class bar became a great meeting point so we could all have normal conversations.

Hank

Wow looks like I won't have as good a time drinking on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks as I did on the Equinox last month. I like JW blend. Actually I like Gold & Platinum although I have a few bottles of Blue at home. But the Platinum WAS included in my premium package according to the World Class bartenders last month. I wouldn't pay the price you quoted when I can buy a bottle of Blue in St. Maartin for $99.

I wound up stopping at the WCB for a Platinum to walk on my way somewhere, even to the Martini Bar. I could only drink so many cucumber martinis before getting bored.

I don't like the Double Black because it has too much peat for my palate.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Just off the Eclipse and never saw more than 4 people there at one time. INHO it's A waste of space. Drinks are ok at best, but not worth the LOOOONG wait for one

As far as Johnny Walker, my wife is a fan but Johnny Walker Black was as high as the premium drink package went. Others available up to $85.00 a shot

PLEASE BRING BACK MOLECULAR!!!

We're just recently off the Eclipse. We are of the opinion, among lots of others, that we gave it a try, and then another try, but the World class bar just did not do it for us, especially in the area of customer service. Took forever it seemed to get your drink, and poorly staffed. We loved the Molecular bar, however.