MSC Poesia vs MSC Sinfonia

travelbug1020

I am trying to decide between these two ships and itineraries. Has anyone been on both that would recommend one over the other? I feel like both have their Pros and Cons and cant really decide.

MSC Poesia

Venice, Bari, Katakolon, Mykonos, Athens, Sarande, Dubrovnik, Venice

MSC Sinfonia

Venice, Split, At sea, Santorini/Mykonos, At sea, Dubrovnik, Ancona, Venice

Thank you in advance for any input you might have.

I can only comment that we sailed on the Sinfonia last September and really enjoyed the itinerary, the relaxed atmosphere, good service and food. The stop at Mykonos is a joke as it is for 6 hours in the evening after the day in Santorini.

• 8 months later...

I was in the same "boat" as you - trying to decide between those two itineraries out of Venice.

At first, I liked Sinfonia because of the stop in Santorini.

I ended up selecting Poesia because it's a much larger ship and the cabins are slightly larger.

It also has the grand staircases and galleries - definitely adds the "wow" effect for family members on their first cruise.

I'm lucky enough to have been on Grand Voyages on both, Genoa to Barbados on Poesia in November 2016 and Venice to Durban in October 2017, and enjoyed them both. In my view, Poesia is a nicer ship with more facilities and the cabins are larger with a greater choice of balcony cabins and there are more facilities on board, but I would not hesitate to go on either of them again but my wife much preferred Poesia. I'm afraid that may not help you but be reassured that you have two great options available.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi we are back 2 weeks ago from a South America cruise on the Poesia. Nice ship but the food was atrocious.

Examples being Rib Eye steak in the MDR less than 1cm thick and 2 small pieces of "beef" 5x4cm. Pasta course again in the MDR advertised as pasta with baby scallops. Lots of pasta and 2 scallops each the size of your smallest finger nail.

Breakfast okay if you like scrambled egg and fatty bacon every day. Pre cooked fried eggs and omelettes but looked like they had been cooked over an hour ago. Fresh fruit salad consisted of apple and melon with occasional grape and bit kiwi fruit.

We had a balcony cabin with Fantastica experience and deluxe drinks package.No complaints regarding cleanliness of our cabin and the ship in general. Not a bit of rust to be seen.

Previously we have sailed with Azamara, Celebrity, RCL, TUI, Norwegian, Fred Olsen and Star Cruises (Hong Kong).

I would not say that we would not cruise MSC again but would be checking the reviews on food first.

• 1 month later...