Celebrity Equinox October 16 Sailing Review

Fogtownrog

When booking our cruise this year, I chose to use Celebrity’s travel agent to book the air and hotel which worked well, financially and service wise everything went as planned. We spent two pre-cruise nights at the Marriott Courtyard Miami Beach. Excellent value as we had a super large room and was comfortable. There were plenty of restaurants, bars, coffee shops to keep us entertained during our short stay.

On sailing day we headed out to the ship around 11A expecting a quick and easy check in, only to find long lines and a huge crowd. Something wasn’t right. We waited and waited and eventually, after an hour or so, some one from the cruise line came out and apologized and advised us that the computer system was down. So I understood why and kept my patience. The only suggestion I would make is that the staff should seek out families with young children and let them go to the front of the line. Same should go for the elderly and persons with special needs. Overall I think check in took over two hours not the best, but it could have been worse, I suppose.

Once on board, we were at home and all was well. The OceanView wasn’t overly crowded so we settled down for a nice meal. Maybe time for a drink and to the cabin to drop off our hand luggage and head to the Muster drill. I enjoyed the video which was meant to entertain rather than bore. Afterwards we enjoyed sail away and settled into the party that just got started and did not end until 11 nights later.

I think this was our 8th Celebrity Cruise, all which have been on Solstice ships…. all though the ship showed some wear and tear on the exterior (a little rust here and there)…. it still looks nearly as nice as it did went it went into service with the exception of worn upholstery on some of the deck furniture. They need to fix that as I saw some cushions with the stuffing falling out.

The food and dinning room service was spectacular. I loved every bite. The wine on the classic package was a huge improvement over the standard one and it is worth the extra money just for the wine and Stella Beer.

The entertainment was the best ever. What made it for us were the Society X parties at night. The pool party and the silent disco were much fun as well as the shows were they bring the stage crew into the Atrium to make things festive. Much enjoyed.

So that is it in a nutshell. Another solid win for Celebrity which remains my cruise line of choice. I booked the Edge for Fall of 2019….got a Suite this time and will enjoy nearly two years to pay for it before we head off to Rome.

Here is a link to my photos in Flickr; enjoy!

When booking our cruise this year, I chose to use Celebrity’s travel agent to book the air and hotel which worked well, financially and service wise everything went as planned. We spent two pre-cruise nights at the Marriott Courtyard Miami Beach. Excellent value as we had a super large room and was comfortable. There were plenty of restaurants, bars, coffee shops to keep us entertained during our short stay.

On sailing day we headed out to the ship around 11A expecting a quick and easy check in, only to find long lines and a huge crowd. Something wasn’t right. We waited and waited and eventually, after an hour or so, some one from the cruise line came out and apologized and advised us that the computer system was down. So I understood why and kept my patience. The only suggestion I would make is that the staff should seek out families with young children and let them go to the front of the line. Same should go for the elderly and persons with special needs. Overall I think check in took over two hours not the best, but it could have been worse, I suppose.

Once on board, we were at home and all was well. The OceanView wasn’t overly crowded so we settled down for a nice meal. Maybe time for a drink and to the cabin to drop off our hand luggage and head to the Muster drill. I enjoyed the video which was meant to entertain rather than bore. Afterwards we enjoyed sail away and settled into the party that just got started and did not end until 11 nights later.

I think this was our 8th Celebrity Cruise, all which have been on Solstice ships…. all though the ship showed some wear and tear on the exterior (a little rust here and there)…. it still looks nearly as nice as it did went it went into service with the exception of worn upholstery on some of the deck furniture. They need to fix that as I saw some cushions with the stuffing falling out.

The food and dinning room service was spectacular. I loved every bite. The wine on the classic package was a huge improvement over the standard one and it is worth the extra money just for the wine and Stella Beer.

The entertainment was the best ever. What made it for us were the Society X parties at night. The pool party and the silent disco were much fun as well as the shows were they bring the stage crew into the Atrium to make things festive. Much enjoyed.

So that is it in a nutshell. Another solid win for Celebrity which remains my cruise line of choice. I booked the Edge for Fall of 2019….got a Suite this time and will enjoy nearly two years to pay for it before we head off to Rome.

Here is a link to my photos in Flickr; enjoy!

Beautiful photos - thank you for sharing!

We were on the cruise after yours. I have to agree with everything you wrote. This was our 12th Celebrity cruise and one of the best yet. The food in the MDR was much better than I recall from previous voyages and we had no issue with bar service whatsoever. Entertainment was great - I can't recall the last cruise we've been on where it was so lively on the ship and into the wee hours too. Kudos to the CD Richard Spacey and his staff. Silent Disco, 70's night, Full Moon/Halloween party - great fun.

Came home and booked two more Celebrity cruises :)

Great to hear....glad you agree !!!

We were on the cruise after yours. I have to agree with everything you wrote. This was our 12th Celebrity cruise and one of the best yet. The food in the MDR was much better than I recall from previous voyages and we had no issue with bar service whatsoever. Entertainment was great - I can't recall the last cruise we've been on where it was so lively on the ship and into the wee hours too. Kudos to the CD Richard Spacey and his staff. Silent Disco, 70's night, Full Moon/Halloween party - great fun.

Came home and booked two more Celebrity cruises :)