Carnival Breeze vs Magic

Me and my family take a cruise every year. We are currently trying to decide on 2019 cruise and it is between Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean 7 Day out of Port Canaveral(Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas & Grand Turk) and Carnival Magic Eastern Caribbean 6 day out of Ft. Lauderdale ( Amber Cove, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk)

For people who have been on both ships or may have taken these itineraries, which would you choose?

Thanks for your help.

Me and my family take a cruise every year. We are currently trying to decide on 2019 cruise and it is between Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean 7 Day out of Port Canaveral(Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas & Grand Turk) and Carnival Magic Eastern Caribbean 6 day out of Ft. Lauderdale ( Amber Cove, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk)

For people who have been on both ships or may have taken these itineraries, which would you choose?

Thanks for your help.

I have not been on the Breeze but have been on the Magic - they are sister ships so pretty similar. I would pretty much always prefer a 7 day trip over a 6 day and I prefer to leave out of Port C than FLL.

As for ports, I like everything you have to chose from. The only difference is Half Moon (which is going to be a beautiful beach day - but you will also get a nice one at GT but with better snorkeling and more things to see say by taking an inland tour) vs. San Juan and St. Thomas. San Juan is a great place to walk about town, see the forts, shop and get some local food and history. San Juan is in good shape post hurricane but the rest of the island, including the rain forest is still in major recovery mode. St. Thomas offers the widest variety of activities and something to do for all ages.

Since the ports are all good, and you get more with a 7 day out of PC, I would take the Breeze.

Either way, Amber Cove deserves a shore excursion - this is a beautiful island and you will miss it if you just go to the pool and spend time in the Carnival built shops at the port.

Thanks for your help.

We haven't been on the Magic yet. We have it booked for our next two cruises. We have been on the Breeze, and it's currently our favorite ship. I'm sure we'll like the Magic equally as well. We've done both of the itineraries you've listed, and both are good choices. While a 6 day cruise is okay, a 7 day cruise is even better. I would choose the 7 day on the Breeze. San Juan is one of our favorite ports, and even though we've been there 4 times, I would still look forward to going there again.

I have not been on the Breeze but have been on the Magic - they are sister ships so pretty similar. I would pretty much always prefer a 7 day trip over a 6 day and I prefer to leave out of Port C than FLL.

As for ports, I like everything you have to chose from. The only difference is Half Moon (which is going to be a beautiful beach day - but you will also get a nice one at GT but with better snorkeling and more things to see say by taking an inland tour) vs. San Juan and St. Thomas. San Juan is a great place to walk about town, see the forts, shop and get some local food and history. San Juan is in good shape post hurricane but the rest of the island, including the rain forest is still in major recovery mode. St. Thomas offers the widest variety of activities and something to do for all ages.

Since the ports are all good, and you get more with a 7 day out of PC, I would take the Breeze.

Either way, Amber Cove deserves a shore excursion - this is a beautiful island and you will miss it if you just go to the pool and spend time in the Carnival built shops at the port.

I'd mirror most of this. It doesn't get much more similar than Breeze and Magic, but people will usually favor the Breeze. 1 extra day and 1 extra port is a deal breaker for me.

I have cruised on both ships. I did a 6-night on the Breeze (Ochos Rios, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman) and a 7-night on the Magic (Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk). Both ships are pretty much the same and I can't really say I liked one more than the other. The Breeze has a few extras that the Magic doesn't have (Sushi and Thrill Theater) and the decor is a little more modern than the Magic. The ports were great on both of our cruises. If I had to pick between your two options, I would pick the Breeze. You get an extra night and I like cruising out of Port Canaveral.