Magic or Breeze?

pimentel7

We are looking at an Eastern Caribbean cruise for next July, specifically the Magic or Breeze. Are there certain ports that are a must? Also, the Magic is an 8 day and the Breeze is a 7 day, however, the Magic seems to have lower fares? Anything else you could share in this regard would be most appreciated.;p;p

Most people would pick the Breeze as their favorite. However, the differences are so minuscule since they are both Dream class.

I would pick the itinerary that interests you most. If it's a draw, and the Magic is cheaper and longer, that's my vote.

The breeze is more expensive because of the appeal of Port Canaveral being so close to Disney and Universal I was looking at both for next summer and I have unofficially decided on the 8 day eastern on Magic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are looking at an Eastern Caribbean cruise for next July, specifically the Magic or Breeze. Are there certain ports that are a must? Also, the Magic is an 8 day and the Breeze is a 7 day, however, the Magic seems to have lower fares? Anything else you could share in this regard would be most appreciated.;p;p

Magic is a little older so that is why the lower fares. They are sister ships.

Magic is a little older so that is why the lower fares. They are sister ships.

I don't think that is the reason for the price difference. And the Magic is only a year older.

Magic is moving to MIAMI and will be competing with the Horizon there. If the prices were the same for those two ships, no one would book the Magic at all. So they have to make the Magic a deal to get it booked.

We have done the Magic out of Port Canaveral (where the Breeze is moving when the Magic moves to Miami)..... My Opinion, don't cruise out of Port Canaveral unless you like having lots of kids onboard. Lots of families go to Disney, etc, for a few days before getting on the ships there. Especially during spring break (March-April) you are going to have a ship full of kiddos.

Miami will still have families during spring break but not nearly as much.

Breeze is a prettier ship, IMHO, but we pick our cruises by ports. And we will never do a cruise during spring break out of Fla again.

robin

Competition, not an insignificant age difference, drives the pricing for a ship. For all intents, there is little to no difference between the Magic and the Breeze. Pick the itinerary that suits you best. I wouldn't have to think too hard if 8 days was cheaper than 7.

All that said, I wouldn't hesitate to cruise out of Port Canaveral, especially on a 7 or 8 day cruise although during the summer I might avoid it. During the school year, no problem.