Carnival Breeze

LetsTango

When we sailed in December the line for the first day that the BBQ was serving began more than 30 minutes before it opened. I can think of many better uses of my time. Great ship, great crew.

When we sailed in December the line for the first day that the BBQ was serving began more than 30 minutes before it opened. I can think of many better uses of my time. Great ship, great crew.

As Carnival notes the lines waiting for BBQ, Guy's, etc. to open, one of their bean counters will figure out a way to sell another type of FTTF priority - faster to the food line.

I may be cynical, but I think there will be cruisers willing to pay extra to get to the food first.

Having no idea what interests you I will only say the saunas, heated loungers, and Thalassotherapy pool on the Breeze are amazing.

If you don't have a spa cabin, which gives you access to these areas, you can buy a day pass or a pass for the duration of your cruise on line.

As Carnival notes the lines waiting for BBQ, Guy's, etc. to open, one of their bean counters will figure out a way to sell another type of FTTF priority - faster to the food line.

I may be cynical, but I think there will be cruisers willing to pay extra to get to the food first.

As popular as FTTF appears to be based on how often it sells out, I am surprised Carnival doesn’t raise the price even higher. Strictly from a business perspective, a product is grossly underpriced if it continues to sell out, usually months in advance of the cruise.

We're cruising on the Breeze in October and wondered if any one had any special advice or tips to share. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

When heading to the buffet on the lido deck always head to the back section, the food is the same and the line much is much shorter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

On embarkation day go to the Italian Restaurant, deck 11 aft, for lunch. Lunch is included there but most people don't figure it out until later in the cruise. So while the buffet and Guy's are slammed, you can have a quiet lunch in a nice sit down restaurant.

Deck 4 they have a lower promenade that goes around the MDR. At night if a crowd is leaving say the main lounge and the walkway is clogged on promenade, you can quickly move from one end of the boat to the other on deck 4 because nobody is down there.

If a comedy show lets out and there's a line for the bathroom. Just go down one flight of stairs and there are bathrooms down there that nobody uses at night.

The Italian restaurant is free at lunch...

Carnival is celebrating Halloween from the 4th until the 31st...

Order a banana split for dessert in the dining room... (it's not on the menu)

We're interested in trying it. Is it open every day or only on sea days? Do you make a reservation or just walk up?

TIA

We're interested in trying it. Is it open every day or only on sea days? Do you make a reservation or just walk up?

TIA

It’s open every day. Just walk up to the hostess and get a little menu and a number to put on your table. Find whatever table you want. Mark your choices and put your completed menu up by the grill.

Highly recommended on embarkation day when the buffet is packed.

It’s open every day. Just walk up to the hostess and get a little menu and a number to put on your table. Find whatever table you want. Mark your choices and put your completed menu up by the grill.

Highly recommended on embarkation day when the buffet is packed.

Thanks! That sounds like a great idea but unfortunately we're taking a Carnival shuttle from IHA that likely won't have us on board until mid-afternoon. Is there somewhere on-line that I can check the opening hours? I also wonder why it's so easy to get a table - would people really rather line up at the sub-par buffet troughs? We normally don't ever board a cruise until we've had a nice lunch shore-side but this time we'll be flying in day-of and jumping right on the bus. We'll need to eat somewhere.

Thanks! That sounds like a great idea but unfortunately we're taking a Carnival shuttle from IHA that likely won't have us on board until mid-afternoon. Is there somewhere on-line that I can check the opening hours? I also wonder why it's so easy to get a table - would people really rather line up at the sub-par buffet troughs? We normally don't ever board a cruise until we've had a nice lunch shore-side but this time we'll be flying in day-of and jumping right on the bus. We'll need to eat somewhere.

It was open 11:30-2:30 on embarkation day and 12-2:30 on other days. I think the deal is most people don’t know it’s up there and/or don’t know it’s free for lunch. The first couple days it was empty. The last two days it was packed.

50d698ddb78d1b2f55c594afcc52a114.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be one of those people, I hate waiting in line. Lol

+1 regarding the Italian restaurant on embarkation day. We had a 1:30 arrival time and was able to get through the lines, drop our carry-ons at our room, and head to the restaurant before they closed at 2:30. Awesome start to the cruise. Maybe six other people in there. We also went on day 6 and it was much busier.

Personally I would not recommend the lasagna, but the other pasta dishes are excellent.

We just got back from sailing August 5-12! I studied obsessively this site and TripAdvisor. Are you doing ship excursions? I'd highly suggest one in Belize. Or don't leave the ship. In Honduras we arranged with Vic Bodden tours and it was probably the best decision I ever made in my life!! Our driver, Kelvin, was GREAT! He gave us a quick tour of the West End Bay/Beach, took us to a hilltop "strip mall", we did the Vic Bodden's Monkey Business, ate a local lunch, and found a nice resort area for snorkeling and swimming.

If you're doing your own thing in Cozumel stay away from "Aquarium Beach". The peddlers are frequent and intrusive.

Our ship time was phenomenal with literally something for everyone. We had 13 in our group ages 3 - 70. We could not have had a better time!!!

If you have a group, take a magnetized white board. We posted one outside of our cabin so everyone could write their whereabouts or events. Worked perfectly for us!

ENJOY!

It took us 3 cruises before we discovered the Blue Cantina Huevos Rancheros. Once we did, it became and addiction. Lol

We also enjoyed the lunch options in Cucina Cucina. If you enjoy wine with your dinner, I suggest stopping by one of the bars and grabbing a glass on your way into your seating. Sometimes service in the MDR can be slow. This way you can order a 2nd glass for dinner, while enjoying a glass during apps and salad course. Another thing wine related... we found some of the wines we prefered, were only offered in the steakhouse. They have a small bar with seating. They do not mind if you pop in for a drink without dinner reservations. We were often the only people at the bar.

We're cruising on the Breeze in October and wondered if any one had any special advice or tips to share. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

Just got off the Breeze this morning. Am writing up a review of that cruise.

But my biggest tip is if your head waiter in the MDR is Rudifel, immediately go to the Maitre'D and request to be seated in a different section. You have been warned.

Just got off the Breeze this morning. Am writing up a review of that cruise.

But my biggest tip is if your head waiter in the MDR is Rudifel, immediately go to the Maitre'D and request to be seated in a different section. You have been warned.

When it comes to dining staff If the same people from March are on there. Yolanda in YTD is fantastic...and Ace in the breakfast/brunch dining room.